Saturday, January 07, 2006

"Don't blame it on the baby..."

Well, my first week back at work was better than I thought it would be. I felt a little sad at times because I missed my little boy, but nothing I couldn't handle. Whenever I found myself getting melancholy, I would just think about how peaceful the office was without any crying. Ha ha. Technically, I shouldn't say that because Christian is such a good baby. He hardly ever cries, unless he's hungry. Sometimes when he's really sleepy he gets crabby and starts to fuss, but other than that we're good. I've been told to consider myself very lucky. He wasn't colicky and always knew the difference between night and day. Hopefully that won't change (looks around for some wood to knock on).

That brings me to one of the main reasons why I started this blog. I want a place where I can jot down what Christian is accomplishing as he grows up. Ideally this should be written in an album of sorts, but that's just not gonna happen. He's already three months old, so I've got some catching up to do.
Let's see what I can remember so far:
-He used to be a very gassy baby, farted like an old lady drinking prune juice shakes. Several times he would fart really loud when we were in public and people around us would look at me disapprovingly. My husband would say "Don't blame it on the baby Claudia".
-He's easy to burp, all I do is sit him up and it's out. It's funny cause I didn't always do that, at first I would do the over the shoulder patting method, but that method made ME burp before him. I love it when he gives me a good hearty burp...I call them fraternity boy belches. They sound like the ones Booger did from Revenge of the Nerds.
-Speaking of boogers, he got his first cold and went on his first Disney trip about two weeks ago (yes, at the same time, that was just dandy). He had a runny nose, but was a good sport and didn't cry or fuss, what a good baby. Because he had a runny nose, he did a neat little trick that I have never seen anyone do...ever. He blew a snot bubble with his nose. What a talented child I have.
-He doesn't like to be on his tummy...so tummy time is not appreciated or enjoyed. He smushes his face in the bed and either cries or falls asleep.
-He has conversations with me. We gurgle and coo back and forth and he gets this cute little expression on his face as if he's trying really hard to make a specific sound.
-He doesn't mind taking a bath (don't most newborns cry when they are bathed?). He sits quietly in his tub and enjoys having the water poured on him. I turn off the A/C, and use warm water, but his little body shivers anyway.
-He has discovered that his hands can be put into his mouth and he puts them there every chance he gets.
-He almost holds his bottle when we are feeding him. I guess HE wants to be in control.

It's midnight and I should be asleep, so that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home