Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Happy Belated Birthday Ricardo!!!

My "little" brother turned 20 on January 9th. Every time he has a birthday, I freak out and feel old.

My brother was born when I was 10 years old. I remember the first day we brought him home from the hospital. My parents picked me up from school and he was in the back seat wearing a terry pj with red white and blue little figures on it. I remember not being able to concentrate at school because of the anticipation of seeing my brother later that day. I remember I was so thrilled to finally have a little brother, unfortunately the thrilling feeling wore off quickly once I noticed that all the attention was taken away from me. As a baby, he would put all of my toys in his mouth and slobber them up. He always wanted to be in my room touching my things. I could never play any board games without him trampling all over them King Kong style. He would steal my Garbage Pail Kids stickers and stick them all over his things. He always cheated when playing Monopoly with me.

Reading this, one would think that I don't like him very much, but that is not true. I love my brother very much (more than he thinks). He was a pain in the butt, but then again, so was I. I love him for putting up with me all those years. I love him because he looked up to me and always wanted to be with me (now he just thinks I'm a dork). Mostly I love him because he's my baby brother and always will be.

I love you little brother. Happy Birthday Ricky! If you want, I can take you and your little friends to go see the Ninja Turtles Movie this weekend. Ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home