Thursday, January 12, 2006

Paparazzi

When my friends Cristy and Danny had their daughter Sophia (10-09-05), they took over 100 pictures in those two days that they were in the hospital. After receiving the link to their shutterfly account and seeing their bountiful picture albums, I glanced over to my account to see how many I had taken of Christian during our three day hospital stay. Upon noticing that I only had 38 pictures of my son, I instantly felt like a bad, bad mom. What kind of a first time mom was I? Propelled by the first of many motherhood guilt trips, I went on a picture taking frenzy. I have no idea how many pictures I have since taken of Christian, but let me tell you, I am no longer in want of pictures.

When Christian started to see clearly, he noticed the camera that was being constantly shoved in his face. Whatever expression, smile or gesture he had been doing was instantly replaced by a blank "what is this thing in my face" stare (this also occurred with the video camera). I had gotten way too many pictures of Christian exhibiting the same blank stare, so Ren (my hubby) and I realized that we needed to get creative with the picture taking.

Here is the method we use: one of us plays with Christian to get the reaction that we want to capture on film, while the other hides close by with the camera in hand, ready to spring out at any moment, to get our shot. This works, sometimes, but other times we aren't quick enough and Christian is on to us. We have to hide and get into such ridiculous positions that I feel like he's the movie star and we're the paparazzi..."No more pictures please!". I hope this doesn't make him hate the camera, otherwise it might ruin his future movie career.

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

It seems that all of us in the "Grupito" are picture freaks, huh? My nephew is so GORGEOUS! =)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lilli said...

I believe that I am the BIGGEST picture freak in the "Grupito"... I have taken A LOT of pictures of all the kids. What can I say???? I am a proud aunt.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home