Thursday, February 23, 2006

I need a title for this mish-mash

First and foremost I am very proud of myself for having changed the header on my blog (what do you think? do you like it?). You may not think that it's that big of a deal, but for me it is. My computer knowledge ranks right up there with my knowledge of the migratory patterns of the adult American Golden-Plover (nil). I'm proud that I was able to change it without totally messing my blog up. Yay for me.

I wore a skirt to work today and my boss noticed and asked me what the occasion was. I told her I had shaved my legs (cause for me that IS an occasion). I think she was sorry she asked.

Last night we finally went out to eat. We had dinner at the 94th Aero Squadron. I like that place because you can see the planes take off. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going back there again. They had us wait in the bar for a table. I ordered a soda and R had a beer. There was a TV there and American Idol was on. I thought "oh goodie, I'm not going to miss it" (I so need to get a TiVo), but unfortunately I couldn't hear it because they had live entertainment. The TV had captions, but hello, it's a singing show, if you can't hear it, it kind of defeats the purpose. Our table was ready, but the lady said we had to pay the bar tab first and then go over to the main dining area. How inconvenient is that? Can't they just transfer it over? Annoying. Strike One.
We didn't get a table by the window, but shortly after we were seated, a table opened up. We ever-so-nicely asked if we could move to the window table but they said that the people that were going to sit there were already on their way from the bar (liar, liar, pants on fire). They gave the lovely romantic table to two guys. Real nice. My hubs got up to complain, but they said that the guys were pilots and that they had requested a window table. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you're a pilot, don't you see enough planes in your line of work? Strike Two.
R ordered meat, I ordered a lobster/seafood pasta. The scallops were mushy (raw) in the center. Strike Three. You're OUT!!!

Ok, got that off my chest. Anyway, I heard that tonight is going to be a big night for TV. We've got American Idol vs. Survivor vs. The Olympics vs. Dancing with the Stars. So many shows, so little time. I'm having a hard time deciding. I might just flip back and forth during commercials. Although for American Idol, you don't usually have to tune in until the end because they drag it out so much. I haven't been able to catch Survivor yet, so I'll probably just watch that. Actually, knowing me, I'll probably forget to turn the TV on altogether.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Sorry about the restaurant, that sucks! I don't blame you for not going back there.
I fell asleep halfway through American Idol so I only saw 1 guy and 1 girl get eliminated. lol.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home