Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mission Impossible

C had his Pediatrician appointment this week. He weighed in at 15+ pounds and his height was 25+ inches. He was in the 75th and 50th percentiles respectively. So my little man, is indeed a little man. I've heard that they grow when they sleep and since the little man seldom gets any sleep, then he does not grow. He also doesn't like to eat very much (definitely did NOT get that from me), so I'm surprised that the weight was as high as it was.

The doctor suggested that we start giving him cereal (start? hee hee), but she said to give it to him with a spoon and not in his bottle (oops). The little man had never eaten with a spoon before, so this was going to be fun. I put a bib on him and got started on our mission.

It went something like this:


Ewww what's this?


Oh, you mean I'm supposed to swallow it?


I don't like this stuff.

You missed my mouth mom...a little higher next time.

Give me the spoon, I'll do it. You're doing it all wrong.

Ok, I've had enough, take this thing off me.


















Overall, I think our cereal trial went well although I think he ended up wearing most of it. He had it all over his hands (since he kept putting his hands in his mouth), and then he would touch me with his hands, so it was then all over me as well. I found a couple of crusty cereal spots on my neck the next morning. Perhaps tomorrow the mission will not seem so impossible.

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

AAHHHH! Too much cuteness!

don't worry, he'll learn to love it, and then you won't be able to get the spoon away from him.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home