Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Don't be rude

I found this during my blog explorations, unfortunately, I don't remember where...

It's the Book 123 Meme.

Here's what you do:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the 'coolest' book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

My sentence?

"'Don't be rude, dear,' said his mother placidly."

This sentence is from A Room With a View by E.M. Forster

I'm not tagging anyone, feel free to play along if you'd like.

I'm not even reading this book at the moment. It's just sitting here on my desk, waiting for me to finish Sense and Sensibility; sadly, that book is also not being read, although I carry it in my purse for whenever I'm bored. Since my discovery of blogs, I don't really get much done anymore. You should see the pile of magazines I have on my nightstand...just waiting to be read. I could've sworn I saw a cobweb on one of those the other day (that also speaks volumes about my cleaning skills doesn't it?).

Can I see what you're reading?...Come on now...Don't be rude, dear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Depressionista said...

I'm not reading this book by any means, nor do I plan to, but I'm at work and it was given to me by someone I interviewed for a story. It was, literally, the book closest to me, shoved in my desk drawer. The sentence is:

"Most medical centers have biomedical communication professionals who may be able to assist you; consult with them early in the poster-production process."

This is from "Writing, Speaking and Communication Skills for Health Professionals" by The Health Care Communication Group. There's not even a real author listed, just "The Health Care Communication Group."

Pretty exciting, huh?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Tingle said...

I have one - it's from a book called "Life" full of short stories about, you know, life.

The one on page 123 is called "Letters to My Son" by Kent Nerburn. And the magic sentence reads:

"Far below on a hillside cows were grazing and horses rustled in the tall grasses."

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a good one!

"I was always encouraged and never belittled."

The book is "Reflections from a Different Journey: What Adults with Disabilities Wish All Parents Knew." It just arrived in a package from Amazon that I opened up.

I mean it isn't EM Forester, but better than Depressionista's medical jargon :-)

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home