Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jesus loves the little children

and he loves me too.

Last night I woke C-Man up at 11:30pm to change his diaper and give him a bottle. He only drank 2oz. I thought, uh-oh, this surely won't help to sustain him through the night. His last feeding had been at 8pm when he had his green beans (more on that later) and his sweat potatoes (ha ha).

I put him in his crib and he went to sleep. At this point it was almost midnight and I was exhausted. The previous night's lack of sleep had finally caught up to me. My eyelids were very heavy and I thought to myself, "if there is ever a night for him to sleep all the way through, this would be it".

I also said a little prayer:
Jesus, please help my son to sleep soundly through the night.
Please help him soothe himself to sleep without wailing like a madman.
Please comfort him so that he and I and Ren can have a good night's sleep tonight.
Amen.

I turned on the monitor and went to sleep. I woke up suddenly when I heard C-Man stiring in his crib and thought to myself, oh boy, here we go again. I looked at my watch thinking it was 2 am or something like that, but was somewhat surprised when I noticed it was 4:30 am! Wow! Wait, it gets better. He didn't wake up at 4:30, he was just rustling about in his crib and he went back to sleep.
By himself.
Without crying.
Or the pacifier.
And stayed asleep.
Until 6:15 am!

He played in his crib for about half an hour and I went and picked him up at 7 am. He flashed me a beautiful smile and I knew all was good in the world.
The hubster didn't say anything about my Cruella de Ville status, but he did ask me whether the baby had slept through the night. I guess he thought that he might not have heard the wailing since he slept on the sofa in protest of my parenting decision. I proudly said "Yes, he slept through the night. Now let's hope that wasn't a fluke. Let's hope last night's behavior repeats itself, over and over again".

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!
Don't forget to write this one down in the memory book. Hee hee

11:51 AM  
Blogger Emmakirst said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I hope he does this from now on for ya. It sure is a start :)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home