Friday, March 10, 2006

Pets R Us

The topic for this week's Photo Friday submission is Pets, so I will give you a peek into my own personal zoo. First off, we have my dearly departed Ramon the lovebird. Ramon got sick a week after C-Man was born. My husband took him to the vet and they put him to sleep (the bird, not my husband). Because I was in the throes of PPD, I was not told about these occurrences until three days later. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper. Rest in peace little buddy. I loved this little bird, he was so cute. He would sit on my shoulder and nibble on my earlobe. He used to make little kissy noises and he was also potty trained. Yes folks you read it here. I would put him over a piece of paper and tell him "do your poo-poo" and he would go on the paper. It was great because then I wouldn't be walking around with bird crap on my shoulder. A while after I had Ramon, I thought that perhaps he was lonely, so my friend Lisa gave me a yellow lovebird. She was not nice like Ramon (not tame), she would bite and draw blood, so we called her Meanie. Ramon and Meanie loved each other so (as lovebirds are wont to do) and they had a little baby named Rameanie (Ramon + Meanie = Rameanie, I know, not very creative). She was put up for adoption because she and her father were butting beaks. They just wouldn't get along. A couple of months later, Meanie had 3 more babies. Here is a picture of all four birdies snuggled up in their happy hut. It was one of those rare cold nights. Next we have Mr. Peewee. He was the first dog I ever got. It took 20 years of begging to finally convince my mom to get a dog. She picked him out because he was the cutest little chihuahua ever. A tiny little white thing with big ears. When I got married, I was ready to move out and take my little dog with me. My mom had other plans. She refused to let him go. So she stayed with him. Go figure. He is currently recovering from surgery (my mom had him fixed). Get well soon Peewee! Since I was now dogless, I had to get another doggie. Which brings us to Candy. Two months after we got married, I decided we needed to get a little black chihuahua. Candy is the sweetest little Chihuahua ever. She never bites or growls. She is very shy though and will hide when we have people over at the house. When she was a wee little puppy, we almost lost her to parvo. We had bought her from Wizard of Claws, but apparently these people were selling sick puppies. Candy was very sick and throwing up. Ren took her to the emergency vet and she was put on an IV. They told us that if he had not done that, she wouldn't have survived. She has been healthy ever since. A year after we got Candy, I felt that she was very lonely and needed a little friend to play with. So I took it upon myself to get Lucy, the Jack Russell Terror..um Terrier. Poor Lucy is so sweet and playful, but unfortunately very mischievous. Her curiosity constantly gets her in trouble. She chewed up our couch, my husband's wallet, a pigeon, a baby duck,a bird, a baby possum and countless other things and animals. She is the subject of many of the fights I have with my husband. He vows to get rid of her and I vow to not let him. I love my doggie and would be very sad without her. Well folks, the pet parade ends here. What drama right?! Thank you for touring Claudia's Zoo, please come back soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Thank goodness you don't charge admission!! I may post a picture of Fishy later tonight...depends how late I get home.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Lilli said...

I will try to also post pictures of our three Rottweilers and all the fishies...

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home