Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Jekyll and Hyde

I have not abandoned you. I've just been really busy at work and home. All has not been well in Claudia-ville lately. The C-Man has been sicky-poo. After his first week of daycare, he got hit with every sickness known to babies; I should have seen that coming.

He's had a runny nose for over a week so he cries when he can't breathe.
He's fussy so he cries when he doesn't get his way.
He doesn't want to eat his food so he cries when I try to feed him.
He screams bloody murder when I change his diaper.
He fights going to sleep so he cries when I put him in his crib.
His throat is hoarse (hm, I wonder why).
He's drowning in drool.
He's drowning in runny poop.

Oh yeah, he's a real pleasure to have around at home these days.

At daycare though, it's a whole 'nother story. Ms. Mary tells me that he is a doll, and so well behaved and he eats all his food and goes to sleep on his own. I sometimes wonder if she's talking to me about the correct baby. I feel like saying "No, I'm Christian's mom, surely you're not talking about my child" to which she would reply "yes I am talking about your child, but my name's not Shirley".

Oh well at least I know he likes daycare because he never seems fazed when we drop him off or pick him up. I was expecting to have a crying child that didn't want to stay at daycare and what I got was a baby that adjusted beautifully to daycare. When I pick him up, I'm expecting a "Yay! It's mommy!" reaction, but what I really get is a "oh hi, it's you" look. Great. No one prepared me for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember the book, but I read somewhere that it is normal for the baby to actually be more behaved with a caretaker and save all the crying and acting out for mom and dad. See, you actually want that! ;-)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home