Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A night with TKA, Stevie B. and the Cover Girls

Last night I got to go out and release some pent up energy. My hubster watched C while I went to Superwheels with my buddy Amanda. Monday nights are old school throw back nights, so we got to roller skate to our favorite freestyle tunes (just like in the old days). It's for ages 17+, so it gives us old folks a chance to skate without being afraid of getting knocked over by children whizzing by.


I dusted off my four-wheelers and laced them up.
At first, I looked like a high-wire walker with buttered shoes. My hands were flailing about all over the place, but by the end of the session, I had
found my skating legs and even attempted the cross-over (this is where you put one foot in front of the other as you're rounding the turn, like they do in ice skating).



It was awesome except that my foot now has a blister the size of a quarter on it. I also realized how out of shape I am as I found myself huffing and puffing after only 3 songs! I had a great time and I highly recommend it if you're an old foggie like me that likes that sort of music. I'll definitely be going back, well, as soon as my blisters heal that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Olivier said...

hi, thanks for having visited my blog.
Please come back as often as you want, if you like my photographies...obviously !

5:54 PM  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I have no blisters, therefore, I'm going again on Monday!! =)
Let me know if you're up for it...

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home