Monday, August 21, 2006

Past, present and future

I saw this over at Oh Well and decided to do it here too.

20 Years ago I...
-was enjoying the final days of my summer vacation
-was getting up early to watch Saturday morning cartoons
-was riding my bike
-was roller skating
-was going to Pirates or Riverboat Playhouse to play video games and skee-ball
-was having fun playing with my 7 month old baby brother
-was excited about starting the 5th grade
-was hoping that my best friend Lynn would be in my homeroom
-was hoping that I would finally fill in my training bra
-was dreading that I had to get braces
-had a crush on Marcus and Jorge and Geoffrey

10 years ago I...
-was going to community college
-was trying to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my life
-was deciding that maybe I didn't like Architecture that much and should switch majors
-was trying to figure out what major to switch to...perhaps interior design?
-was thinking of joining the Navy
-was hanging out with my friends from high school, sometimes driving around aimlessly
-was going to lots of rock concerts

5 years ago I...
-was working at Jackson as a secretary
-was going to school part time at night to finish my Bachelor degree in business
-had broken up with R
-was single and dating, but wanted to get back with R
-was still living with my parents
-was wearing braces (yes, again)

3 years ago I...
-was still working full time at Jackson
-was going to school at night (also full time) to get my MBA degree
-had been married to R for a year and a half
-had been living in the first townhouse I bought with R, for a year
-had had Candy for a year and decided she needed a little friend so I...
-got Lucy, the Jack Russell Terror Terrier
-was forced coerced into going to a Salsa class/club with my friend Nubia, who wanted to try it out, I said "fine, but just this one time"...ha ha

One year ago...
-had been working at my current job for a year
-was 34 weeks pregnant (I was large and in charge)
-was not getting much sleep, and it wasn't going to get any better
-had been living in my current house for a year
-sold my favorite car to get a bigger baby-friendly car and cried

Yesterday I...
-spent the day with C man at my mom's house
-practiced playing Texas hold'em with my brother and my mom (I lost of course)
-watched "The Grudge"

Today I...
-went to the value adjustment board to dispute the absurdly high taxes on my house
-got the taxes reduced
-had lunch at a sushi/Thai thai place with my husband
-talked with him about where we should go for our "real" honeymoon (driving to Orlando and back doesn't count as a honeymoon)
-went back to work
-will go to pick C-man up from my mom's house
-will have dinner with my parents
-will go home and watch the season premier of PRISON BREAK!

In the next year I will...
-celebrate my son's first birthday!
-cry about my 31st birthday (boohoohoo, I'm getting old)
-have a haunted house (in my house) for Halloween
-go visit my family in El Salvador
-baptize my son
-try (and convince Ren) for baby number two
-go and visit my friend Jenny in LA
-go to Disney World again at some point (its inevitable, I might as well just put it on the list)
-take ballroom dancing lessons (and convince Ren to go with me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home