Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ride 'em cowgirl

For the past seven days, I've gone to work only about 2 times. I have my little illness to thank for it and also our quasi-hurricane, Ernesto. I was sick last Wed and Thurs, I worked on Fri, then I was off Sat and Sun, I worked on Mon and thanks to Ernesto, I was off Tue and Wed. Nice! I could get used to this! Fortunately, we didn't get much of a hurricane this time; I sure do enjoy the days off.

R and I got a lot of stuff done in the house. We finally finished painting the stairs, we did a little rearranging in C's room, cleaned the playroom, cleaned the rugs, yes, yes, we were busy little bugs (ok, I've been reading too many children's books).

On Sunday, before the weather got crappy, my parents, R, C and I all headed out to Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden for a nice day out. It was nice alright, but hot as hell. We had to strip Christian because even a tank top was too much clothes. I would've taken my clothes off too if I could have, but you know, I didn't want the paparazzi to show up and get all worked up, so I decided to stay clothed and keep my composure. I was hoping to see lots of pretty flowers, but apparently, they specialize in palms, because they sure had a lot of those.

Yesterday, my mom and I finally gave Chris the haircut he so badly needed. I have to remember to take some pictures tonight so you can see what a lovely job we did...considering.

I've been tagged to do a book meme (as if I ever read), so stay tuned for that.

Last, but not least, I leave you with these delightful pictures of Cristy and I at, what I like to call, the "Brookstone Rodeo". There's a horse riding ab machine in the mall and I just couldn't help myself. And no, I was not drunk at the time. I do insane things while sober too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilli said...

That "RODEO" ride is hilarious... I went to Dadeland mall on Saturday and was watching the video. That is so funny.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home