Friday, September 01, 2006

Not a book worm

I've been tagged by Manders, so here goes:

1. A Book that changed my life: I can't say that one particular book has changed my life. I think that with every book I read, my life is enriched in some way, but I can't attribute any monumental life-altering perceptions or moments to one specific book.

2. A Book that I've read more than once: Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I always wanted this book as a child, but never got it. I remember checking it out the the library many times.

3. A Book I'd take to a desert Island: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I'm going to need a really long book because who knows how long I'll be on this island.

4. A Book that made me laugh: My Point...and I Do Have One by Ellen Degeneres. She's very funny and silly.

5. A book that made me cry: A Child Called It by David Pelzer. Very sad story about a boy that is abused by his mother and ends up going from foster home to foster home. Now that I have a son of my own, it has even more of an impact on me.

6. A book I wish had been written: The DaVinci Code Part 2 or another book by Dan Brown. I already read Angels and Demons, Deception Point and Digital Fortress. I love his writing, it totally draws you in. This question actually helped me discover a book. I was going to put "A book by George Lopez" (one of my favorite comedians), but with a little Google help, I found out that he does have a book!

7. A book that should have never been written: I haven't read any books that I didn't like (other than textbooks, but even those are needed for learning), so I don't have an answer for this one.

8. A book I'm currently reading: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen; yes, it's taking me forever since I never actually pick it up. Now that I think about it, I don't even know where it is anymore.

9. A book I'm planning to read: Two books: Emma and Mansfield Park. As you can see, I'm trying to read some Jane Austen books (that have movies as well, so I can watch the movie afterwards). I purchased them at Barnes and Noble, but they're just sitting on my bookshelf, not making any progress (see question 8).

10. Five people I'll send these questions to: Anyone that wants to do this. I won't tag anyone because I'm not really sure who's done this one yet. I've seen it on a couple of blogs already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home