Thursday, September 14, 2006

The season is upon us

C-man has been very clingy with me lately. Usually he doesn't care when I leave the house, but this morning he was crawling to me and calling out "mama". It makes me sad to see him get upset, but it does feel nice to finally get a bit of recognition though. He's still a little gun shy about walking by himself all over the house. He prefers to have someone hold his hand. At least we don't have to hold both of his hands anymore because that was really killing our backs!

His 1st birthday is in 13 days. I finally made up my mind what I was going to do. I was wavering back and forth because I did not want to have a huge bash for his birthday since he really doesn't know what the heck is going on, but I didn't want to completely downplay the event either. We decided to just invite family (and with R's family, that's already a lot of people) and a couple of close friends. Then came the problem of where to have it. My house is still in the progress of cleaning and painting etc, so I didn't want a lot of people there. I couldn't have it at my mom's house either because there is nothing to keep the little ones entertained there. Soooo, we're going to do the party at the pool. Plenty of entertainment and plenty of room. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Cross your fingers.

In other news, I'm feeling really happy these days because "the season" is approaching. Yes, yes, my Halloween fanaticism has awoken from it's hibernation (was it ever really asleep?). I love this time of year. I love September because it builds up the anticipation to Halloween. Then we have Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November and then Christmas in December. It's just a great time from now until Jan 2nd.

I've started planning my Halloween activities for this year. Usually I have a big party and go all out with the decorations. We're not going to do that anymore though (at least for a while) because last time someone brought some friends that we didn't know and well, let's just say they suffered from sticky fingers syndrome. Not cool. It's a shame that some people had to ruin the fun for everyone else, but I'm not going to put all that hard work into something just to have my sh*t stolen. Ok rant over.

Anyway, we're having a haunted house this year instead. It's for the trick-or-treaters (mostly the older kids) and their parents to pass through. We did one two years ago and had a blast (at least I did), so I'm doing it again. The theme of our haunted house will be an asylum. I've got most if not all of my supplies ready and it's going to be great. The only thing I need are volunteers...any takers? he he.

The other thing that has me giddy is that I purchased my tickets for Halloween Horror Nights already. It looks like this year is going to be the best one yet. I can't wait. I'm going to get lots of ideas for my haunted house from there...especially since I'm going to the behind the scenes tour. I swear this holiday makes me feel like I'm 10 again. "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear". Ha ha, yeah, real mature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home