Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bump in the night

Christian is at the pediatrician with my mom right now. Last night as I was changing his diaper I noticed a small bump under his skin, right in the crease area of his leg. I couldn't see the bump it was only a bump that could be felt under the skin. It was like the size of a marble, but softer. It seemed to bother Chris when I touched it. I only found it because I happened to be putting ointment on the creases of his legs because the diaper tabs had caused some irritation. Had he not had that irritation, I might not have noticed it since that isn't an area where I normally put diaper rash ointment and it was the slipperiness of the ointment that facilitated me feeling the bump underneath.

Immediately, Ren and I began to worry and think the worst. My mom has told me that it's probably an enlarged lymph node or an inguinal hernia. Unfortunately, an inguinal hernia would require surgery as that is what my expert Google researching has taught me this morning. I found this picture on the internet and I've circled the place where I found the bump.

His appointment was at 3:30 pm. I'm crossing my fingers and sitting by the phone waiting to hear from my mom. I'm really worried about this.

Let's hope for the best.

Update: The doc said that most likely it is a swollen lymph node. She told us to keep an eye on it. If it grows or hurts him when I touch it, we are to give him antibiotics. She will see him again on Wednesday. She doesn't think it's a hernia because those feel different and aren't usually round. I'm off to go do some Google research on swollen lymph nodes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did the doctor say?

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home