Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Great BIG Chris update

For lack of a better title...

Yesterday while having lunch with a friend, I was informed that I needed to do a blog update, so here I am.

I guess since I wrote so much about the Halloween weekend, I was left a little pooped. My fingers could go no more. Must....keep....typing...

I have regained my finger strength and it is time for a gigantic Chris update. I don't really keep a calendar of things he's done, so I try to write everything in the blog so that I don't forget. I might have repeated some of these before, so please bear with me, I don't have the time or inclination to go back and look it up.

He walks somewhat-well on his own now. He'll go from room to room without holding your hand, but will still grab on to it if you let him. He can walk faster when he holds my hand, so he prefers to hold it, but can walk alone without it.

He squatted down and was able to get back up to a standing position (while holding something in his hands) again without holding on to any furniture.

He likes to take his socks off sometimes...and his sandals too, so we switched to a new pair of sandals that he can't take off.

His lymph nodes (he had one on the other side too!) have gone down. They're the size of a pea now. The doc said that perhaps the sandals he was wearing were too tight, so we switched them and the bumps went down, so perhaps she was right.

If you ask him where his mouth is he puts his hand to his mouth. I've tried with the other facial body parts, but no such luck yet. He points to the sun in one of his books (when he feels like it).

He found one of my scrunchies and tried to put it on my head, so I was impressed that he knew what to do with it.

He said his first bad word (in Spanish). My mom blurted it out and he repeated it. Grrreat. Thanks mom. It's the first two-different syllable word he says by the way: Pu-ta.
My brother is trying to teach him "assssshole" just like the kid in the movie, so I'm going to have a foul mouthed toddler in no time. I think it's time to go back to daycare.

He says water (awa) and dog (wao wao) in Spanish whenever he feels like it. He tried to say Shrek (tek) once. I was changing his diaper and there is a Shrek toy next to the table. He was grabbing it and I said "Shrek" and he said "tek"...close enough baby.

He also likes to say "BA!" a lot. At first I thought he had gotten that from my mom, but after careful study, it appears that I'm the one that says that a lot. It's a Spanish expression I use, as in "BA! Ya termine!" (There!, I'm done!) or "BA! Ya esta hecho!" (There! It's done!) or "BA! Ya se acabo!" (There! It's over/finished!).
He also says: mama, dada, papa. I don't think he says any English words yet. My mom and I speak to him in Spanish and Ren speaks to him in English, so I guess he hears more Spanish than English.

He still doesn't like to watch TV except for the beginning theme songs of Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob Squarepants....Oooooo...Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?...

He plays with Lucy now: He grabs her bone and throws it. She runs and fetches it. He cracks up. She brings it back. He takes it and throws it again. Lather, rinse, repeat. I was just as amused as he was since I didn't think it would be so soon that they would be playing together. Lucy is a little rough and crazy, but with him she seems to know her limits. He grabs her snout and she doesn't do anything, but try and get away from him with her tail between her legs. Candy avoids him at all costs. If he tries to pull her fur pet her, she nips at him and runs away.

He gets scared when the dogs bark (when someone knocks on the door). This is because one day the dogs were standing right next to him and they started barking and going crazy because they heard someone walking around behind the back porch. Chris of course, did not know what was going on, so he got scared and raised his arms for me to pick him up. He thought the dogs were barking and angry at him. Poor baby, I never want to see that scared look on his face ever again. I picked him up and comforted him, but even now, when the dogs bark it still scares him a bit.

He still likes to put things in his mouth (for those of you with older kids, when does that phase end?). He likes to throw things. He likes to put things in and take them out of boxes and containers. He likes to open and shut doors and kitchen cabinets. He's obsessed with the microwave. He likes to stand in front of it and watch the timer (no cooking, just the timer) go down and then beep at the end. When it's done counting down, he grabs my finger and puts it on the key pad so that I'll put the timer on again for him.

He loves to go outside. He will grab your hand and take you to the door so that you will open it and take him out. If you do not open the door, he will try and reach the door knob to try to open it himself.

My mom and I are intrigued by the fact that he's a bit obsessed with circular or round things. We've got letter magnets on the fridge and he always grabs the letter O. He has a ring stacker toy and he always grabs the blue ring and walks around the house with it in his hand ALL DAY LONG. He likes to turn/twirl/spin things, whether they be plastic lids, toys, or furniture, he will find a way to turn it or spin it. He loves to throw balls too. What is this obsession with all things round?

And that, my fuzzy peeps, is all I have for now (only?). Ha ha. Be good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was a thorough update! I can't wait to see him this weekend.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home