Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy 5th Anniversary Ren!

Today is our 5th year wedding anniversary and R is taking me out to dinner tonight. For some reason I think it involves seafood. Let me explain: Ren likes to give me surprises and take me out to eat without telling me where we're going and I of course, love to try and figure out where we're going before hand. Because of this, the week leading up to the dinner is generally filled with fun mind games and alot of guessing.

Take Tuesday nights exchange for example:

C: So Ren, where are we going on Thursday?
R: What's on Thursday?
C: Ha ha very funny.
R: It's a surprise
C: Aw come on..tell me.
R: Ok fine, we're going to Long John Silver's (and no that wasn't a sex joke you perverts).
C: Come on Ren...I really need to know so that I can know how to dress or what to wear.
R: I think you can wear jeans to Long John Silver's
C: Oh really? So what are we going to do with Christian that night then?
R: Fortunately kids eat free on Thursdays, so he can come with us too.
C: Great.

Yes folks, this is the type of clown I'm dealing with here. I'm very competitive though, so I have to always prove that I'm the bigger clown and take it to the next level. I present you with last nights events:

C: So where are we going tomorrow night?
R: Long John Silver's
C: Well, if we really are going there then we both need to wear pirate eye patches.
R: Oh really. (not so funny anymore huh mister?)
C: Yes. Heck, even if we don't go there, now I want us to wear pirate eye patches. I'll pick two up for us on the way home tomorrow. But you have to wear it Ren. Oh! and we can wear hillbilly teeth too!
R: Can't wait.

At that moment, my mom called us to tell us she needs more milk and cereal for Christian. I took the opportunity and asked her to please go to Party City the following day and get some eye patches for us (because I would be at work and wouldn't have time to do so). She of course...refused to do so. Party pooper.

Ren left to the supermarket to buy some cereal and powdered milk for Chris and left me plotting my pirate revenge. I thought I had gained the upper hand by suggesting we wear eye patches...that is...until he came back from the supermarket with this lovely anniversary gift.

Not to be outdone, I grabbed the package and quickly ran upstairs to "try it on". I came back downstairs mumbling "ARRRRGH", but because I was bouncing down the stairs, wearing fake teeth, had a knife in my mouth and was trying not to laugh, it sounded more like I was throwing up. I looked great, but Ren didn't even crack a smile. I don't know how he does it, but he can always keep a straight face in the presence of sheer comedic genius (uh..that would be me).

After all the pirate fun and games were over, he went upstairs to check his mail and I stayed downstairs watching American Idol (wasn't that last girl awesome?). After the show was over I decided to go upstairs and go to bed. I was walking towards the bedroom when Ren came out of the office and approached me with several printouts in his hand:

R: Here are the menus from Long John Silver, so you can think about what you'd like to eat tonight.
C: Oh how nice of you.
R: Yes, I know. The Treasure Chest Family Meal looks like a good choice since Chris will be joining us, don't you think?
C: silence
R: Oh and I took the liberty of finding out what our pirate names are so we can call each other that all night long at the restaurant. My name is Jellyfish Johnny the Shifty and yours is Whisky Wendy the Hermit.
C: Thanks Jellyfish Johnny.

It appears that he's one-upped me again. Ah, but it isn't over until tonight! I don't know about you, but I'm actuallly craving Long John Silver's now.
__________________________________________________

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I was just about to press publish on this post, but was interrupted because I had a delivery in the front office that I had to go receive. Check out what Ren just sent me (yes, I have my camera with me at all times).


It's a flower basket made out of fruit! It has melons and pineapple and grapes and chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy!




I love you Ren Jellyfish Johnny the Shifty. You're the best husband in the world (but we're still wearing eye patches tonight). Happy 5th Anniversary Sweetie!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilli said...

I hope you have a great day Claud....

Let us know where you finally went for dinner.

2:07 PM  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

You two are too much!
That looks very yummy.
And yes, let us know where he took you.
Happy Anniversary!

3:47 PM  
Blogger @tomic ladybug said...

mmmmm yummy!

boo hoo though, i didnt get squat for my bday or valentines so i dont have much to look forward to on our anniversary. (thats the kinda clown I'M dealing with).LOL

Wait I got some sort of basket with wine and stuff for valentines day but that doesnt count cuz he won it at a raffle that I paid for!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home