Monday, February 05, 2007

My next vacation involves a medieval torture device

If I told you that I watched any part of the Superbowl yesterday, I'd be lying. I spent the whole time entertaining my son in Brandon's playroom. I don't know what I was thinking when I said I would scrap or do anything else. Ha ha. It must have been parental amnesia or something of the sort (hello...remember...you have a toddler?). Either way, the todd-moms* had a good time watching their kids play together. We enjoyed saying "NO, don't touch that"...and "NO don't put that in your mouth"...a hundred times (and in Marilu's case..."Andrew, get down from there"). Baby Matthew was there and practically slept the whole time that we were there. He slept through the Superbowl ruckus of the shouting, jumping and screaming coming from the men and four-year-olds (mostly from the men though). Wow, what a good baby; where do I sign up for one of those?

Before going to our Superbowl destination we paid a visit to our friends Damian and Lisa who are in the process of unpacking in their new house (very nice!). I got to carry little Dylan and he likes to spit up alot, so I also got a refresher on what it's like to smell like formula again...ah..the memories. Chris was very jealous that I was carrying Dylan, so he tried to whack him several times. Fortunately, once Christian discovered the kitty, he forgot all about hitting the baby. This is the first time that we've really noticed Christian's jealousy. He also got mad when I took my mom to meet Matthew on Saturday. He did not like it one bit that his grandma was carrying another baby. I can already see that the arrival of a second child in our family is going to be a smoooooooth transition (not that there is a 2nd child on the way....yet...let's not get ahead of ourselves here).

This coming week promises to be very action-packed. No, I am not becoming a superhero in my spare time (although I would look smashing in a cape and tights). I will be going on a little trip. I have to have some dental work done and since I don't feel like spending 2 grand on my teeth (that's with dental insurance), I'll be going to El Salvador to get it done. Our family dentist over there does excellent work for a fraction of the price (including airfare). I'll be leaving Wednesday and I come back on Sunday. And no, Chris will not be joining me this time, so it's kind of like a mini-vacation (if by vacation you mean getting holes drilled in your teeth). I'm excited to be able to see my family again, especially so soon after having just been there. Yay for me!

Today is the first day of my walking program. This week is our baseline week where we write down how many steps we take in a day (without making an extra effort to walk more). Leave it to me to lose my pedometer on the first day. That gives me a real promising outlook don't you think?

____________________________________________________

*toddler moms: it sounds like a popular-cool-girls-high-school-clique doesn't it? "Oh the todd-moms always get the coolest toys for their kids". Ha ha...I'm a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home