Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Seeing Red

Why is everyone wearing red today?

Just kidding, I'm not that clueless (well, sometimes I am). I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day. When I was single young I used to hate this holiday. I remember in grade school we would all buy make Valentine Cards and the teacher would make little mailboxes for each student. We would then get to distribute our Valentine's cards in each person's respective box. If memory serves me correctly, I think I always gave one to everybody (how PC of me) because I didn't want any hurt feelings. If I happened to have a crush on a particular boy (when didn't you have a crush on a particular boy Claudia?) he would get the biggest of the Valentines that came in the box. All the pretty girls and popular kids' mailboxes were generally overflowing with Valentine cards. Mine on the other hand...well, I always cringed when reaching into my mailbox for fear that I might only find one (from my best friend). Fortunately for my tender, young feelings, that was never the case; I always had at least five. Ha ha. And let's not get started on the middle school and high school Valentine years because there are many embarrassing stories to be had there.

Unrequited love be damned! These days, February 14th tends to be alot better for me. Not only does my husband (the best husband in the world by the way) get me flowers (tulips), but I also have a wonderful little boy who knows how to shop and likes to give me roses.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and remember Chocolate calories don't count today!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww. Such a cute picture!
Hope his little hand is better, by the way!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home