Friday, May 04, 2007

Frugal Friday

R and I went to a store that shall remain nameless and saw this lovely vase on a table top. It was filled with water, stones and a single leaf. A lovely accent for our home he thought. I felt it was a little large and there was really no place to put it, so we didn't buy it (or even look at the price) and kept on walking.

A couple of days later, R still wanted that vase, and I acquiesced, so he headed to said store to purchase it. He came back without it. The reason? They wanted $53 dollars (+ tax) for it (for the large one that we saw). It's a nice vase and all, but hello, I don't think so.

So my awesome hubby took matters into his own hands:

- Small glass vase from Walmart on clearance: $2.99

-Bottle of river stones (not on clearance...Grrr): $5.95 (or better yet, rocks from your back yard: free)

-Leaf from your neighbor's front yard: free

-Pretty (not as huge) vase that didn't cost us an arm and a leg: Priceless!

YAY ! TADA!


The dining room chair you see in the corner will be the subject of a future Frugal Friday (say that 10 times fast) installment. I also have a garage sale post to share with you. Stay tuned: Fun times ahead!

Oh and for the Star Wars geeks fans....May the fourth be with you (hee hee, sorry, I couldn't help it).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home