Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A bug's life

Can anyone tell me what this is? I saw it on my way to the office as I was returning from lunch. It was just sitting there on the wall and I said to Amanda "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?". She looked to see what I was pointing at and she was instantly 10 feet further away; I don't blame her. It looks like a giant roach. Gross!

I ran upstairs to get my camera from my office and let me tell you, I've never been more afraid to take a picture of something in my life. I thought for sure the thing was going to jump or fly on to me. Can you picture me running around and jumping up and down screaming "AAAAAIIIIEEEE!!! IT'S ON ME! IT'S ON ME! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!!!"?

Stop laughing. I didn't happen (thank God). I used the extra powerful zoom function on my camera (after all, that's what it's there for right? to take pictures of nasty bugs that you don't want to get too close to) so I could share my experience with you all.

I know I'm supposed to put something in the picture so that you can tell what size this thing is, but due to the aforementioned reasons, there was NO WAY I was going to put my hand close to this thing. Let's just say it was at least 3 inches long. URGH!

I'm looking it up on What's that bug, but I haven't had any luck so far.

In other non-bug news, I've got pictures from this weekend to post, but I'm super duper busy these days, so it may be a while.

Happy bug hunting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home