Friday, July 20, 2007

Nostalgic

I recently came upon a blog that features digital photography from El Salvador. The photographer's name is Miguel Angel. Simply stated, the man's pictures are beautiful. His sunsets and landscapes make me want to be there relaxing in a hammock under a tree. The quirky pictures of clowns, crafts and baked goods remind me of my precious country that I've left behind.

Maybe it's because I'm from there, or perhaps it's because I'm way too sentimental, but tears were rolling down my face as I scrolled through his archives. He not only captures the essence and beauty of my little country's landscapes, but also of it's people.

He opens a window into the hearts of those he photographs and enables you to look into their souls. I see worry, pain, tiredness and struggle in their faces and it saddens me that they have to work so hard to make a living and survive.

It's times like these that I reflect on how lucky I am. Why did I get all the opportunities that I've had? Why me and not them? I'm no better than they are.

You can see more of his pictures here. When you get to the bottom of the page, click on "entradas antiguas" to see his previous entries.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to El Salvador, but I found those photos very moving too.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home