Thursday, November 29, 2007

My tree needs an I.V.

Thanksgiving was spent at my brother in-law's house. Christian made friends with a giant boy (he was born the same month and year as Christian). My uncle was here from El Salvador, so he got to experience his first Thanksgiving. It was hard to have that wonderful, peaceful, thankful feeling because Cman was crabby, tantrumy (is that a word?) and tired.

This past Sunday we bought our Christmas tree, unfortunately we seem to have gotten a defective one. I put water in the holder three days ago and it still has the same amount of water. The tree is refusing to drink and the bottom is starting to get brown. I can't figure out how to get it to absorb the water. At this pace, it will be all brown before Christmas.

It's also a bit misshapen. It's really full and lush and beautiful at the bottom, but the top is kind of wimpy.

Judge for yourselves:

I haven't put any lights or ornaments on because I want to solve the water problem first. All my other Christmas trees have been well behaved; I don't know why this one is acting up. It was trimmed at the bottom when we bought it, so who knows what the problem is.

I also got a nice wreath at a yard sale. It's big and beautiful and it only cost me 2 bucks. That's what I'm talking about man! I guess the two dollar wreath balances out with the $140 I spent at Pottery Barn Kids yesterday right? right? Yes, I thought so too.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cricket said...

It may not work, but making a fresh cut, removing the bottom few inches of the trunk, might help. Then put it in really hot water to make it swell and take water.

I tried this on a tree and it still didn't work. I remember that being a tough year to walk on the carpet with all those needles.

10:46 AM  
Blogger elizasmom said...

I was about to suggest a fresh cut, too — that's what I've always heard for reviving a tree. I hadn't heard the hot water trick, but it sounds like it's worth a try. That, or go back to wherever you bought it and get testy with the salesman.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home