Monday, March 24, 2008

Mother Fucker! ***UPDATED***

I apologize for the blunt title, but that is exactly what came out of my mouth five minutes ago.

Take note of the following events that led up to it:

-I've been a member of the Pearl J@m (my most favorite band in the world) fan club for at least a decade.

-I was a member of said club because when they went on tour, I would supposedly get better seats (through presales etc).

- 2006-2007 Pearl J@m (my most favorite band in the world) went on a worldwide tour that apparently did not include Florida (we must be on another planet).

-Despite the fact that I was pissed at them for totally overlooking my lovely state. I still maintained my membership and kept renewing it in the hopes that they would tour again eventually.

-This year my membership expired in Feb. They sent me an email to let me know so I could renew it. They said you have 3 months to renew or else you lose your seniority or something to that effect. I was still kind of pissed about the lack of tour issue, so I let it go, I had three months to do it anyway...I figured it's not like they're going to announce a tour in the next month or anything.

-On March 3rd, I got another reminder email...I put it off...eh...I'll renew it later.

-Today, I just happened to check myspace and noticed a lovely little bulletin that said the following

3-20-08

Pearl J@m announced today a ten date East Coast tour, which begins June
11th in West Palm Beach, FL and wraps up June 30th in Mansfield, MA.

A ...[Fan] Club pre-sale for
eligible members will begin on Monday, March 24th at 9am PDT on
www.pearlj@m.com. You must be an active member of the [fan] Club by Wednesday
March 19, 2008 to qualify for the pre-sale ticket opportunity.

-Can we say major freakout?

-I instantly/immediately went online and renewed my membership and then I tried to get the tickets (cause the presale is today of all days) and I got this lovely message:

* Your cart was not updated because "WEST PALM BEACH, FL 6/11/08 TICKET PAIR" is
restricted
* You must have a membership that was active before 2008-03-21 to
purchase "WEST PALM BEACH, FL 6/11/08 TICKET PAIR"

- 3-21-2008?!!!!!! ; That was FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! You mean to tell me that if I had seen the stupid thing on Thursday (that's 4 days ago) I would have been able to get them????!!!!!!

-OK, scream it with me now...MOTHER FUCKER!!!

______________________________________________

Yes, I realize it's all my fault for being a procrastinator.

I'll be OK.

I'll be back with a cute bunny picture from yesterday to calm myself.

_______________________________________________

*UPDATE*

The folks at the fan club are such reasonable people. I wrote them a lovely email explaining my situation and I am now a happy camper. I will be as big as a house in June, but I will be at the concert. Woohoo!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Oh, NO!!
That totally sucks...really.

3:55 PM  
Blogger elizasmom said...

Phew. Glad you were able to get some help from the fan club people. And I am all for going to concerts hugely pregnant. When I saw Ryan Adams at 8 months and change, the sound board operator at the theater, who was an acquaintance, saw me sitting doing in the audience while everyone was standing up (I was tired and taking a break). He felt sorry for me because I couldn't see so he brought me to the sound board and let me sit on a stool next to him.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

elizasmom - That must have been awesome! Unfortunately I don't know any sound board operators. ;o)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home