Thursday, May 22, 2008

My feet still hurt

Some CMan quotes:

"Silly rabbit"

"Fine! Not your beh frend!"

"Fine! I going home!"

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for la la la la, la la la la, drink up drink up drink up"

"I wanna go to Diney Wohr"

and so....we went. Hey...he doesn't have to ask twice.

Going to Disney (with a 2.5 year old) while 6 mo preggo is quite difficult, but I managed to make it through both days without losing my mind (or using a wheelchair).

On Friday Cristy, Sophia, Christian and I left at 1-ish hoping the kids would take their naps in the car (silly rabbit). Sophie was sick so we stopped to get her some medicine. You know how cough medicine makes some kids sleepy? Well, not her. It had quite the opposite effect and we didn't figure it out until the second day there, but more on that later.

We arrived at the Pop Century resort and Cristy checked in while I tried to herd the children in the lobby (don't try this at home). We went to our room and let the kids jump around on the beds for a bit so they could let off some energy. Then we went to dinner, took baths and went to bed as we had a long day ahead of us on Saturday.

We got to the Magic Kingdom around 10:30 and saw/rode the following:
The Pirates Ride: CMan was a little scared, but later he said he wanted to go again.
The Haunted Mansion: he was a little scared, but said that he liked it.
Peter Pan: he said he liked flying.
It's a Small World: he liked it.
Snow White: he said it was scary.
Winnie the Pooh: he liked it.
Winnie the Pooh playground: loved getting in the little house and hiding in the honey pots.
Woody's round-up show: loved it.
Barnstormer roller coaster: says he liked it, but he looked scared to me (he rode it with Cristy).
Toon-town playground: loved going in the little house and telling all the other kids "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"
Buzz lightyear spin: liked spinning the car around with the joystick.
3pm Parade: loved it.
WDW Railroad: liked it.
Fireworks: loved them.
Spectromagic parade: loved it.
We also had a character dinner with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore (which he totally loved) and also took pictures with Cap't Hook, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey and Minnie.

We walked out of the park at 11:30pm and neither of the kids was asleep. My feet felt like they were going to fall off. By the time we got to the hotel and turned the lights off to go to sleep it was 1:30 am! We had a character breakfast scheduled the following day at 8:30 am...God help us.

At 7am Cristy turned the lights on and woke our asses up. I thought for sure she'd forget about the breakfast and sleep in, but wouldn't you know it, the one time I was counting on her to do so...she didn't. We packed up our stuff and had a hard time waking the kids up (that's a first with Christian). While I was packing my stuff up that morning, I realized that I no longer was in possession of my 5day park hopper ticket (not good), but this is Disney we're talking about, so they were able to replace it for me (since I saved the bar code # from the ticket that they gave me). I immediately went to the gift shop to buy a lanyard so I could put my ticket in there and not lose it (again). I wanted to get one with pins on it, but those suckers were $44. I settled for the one without any pins for $9.

We didn't make it to Animal Kingdom until 9:30, but they let us sit for the breakfast anyway. The kids loved having the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy) come by while they were eating. We took lots of pictures and then slugged (and waddled) our way through the park.

Chris and I rode the safari ride (Sophie was asleep) and saw lots of animals. Then we took the kids to the bugs life show. At the entrance they had two Disney employees tell us that we were "at the right place, at the right time" and that we had won a prize (part of their Year of Million Dreams promotion). Guess what we won?....A lanyard....with pins on it. Is that funny or what? The kids liked the show, but I think the part where the lights go off (and the spiders come out) was a bit scary for them. It was a 3D movie show, but Cman refused to wear the glasses, so who knows if he knew what was going on.

Next we headed over to DinoLand. By this point Cristy and I had had enough. Our feet were hurting and we were sleep deprived. We didn't want to ride anything that required that we stand in a line, so that meant it was time to go home. It was 2:15, so we figured by the time we got to the car it would be 3ish. We headed out and by the time we got to the exit, both kids were much for getting on the tram. We walked back to our car and finally left at 4:15pm. After some stops at the convenience store and gas station we were finally leaving Kissimmee around 5pm. The trip back was shorter since we didn't stop much, but neither of the kids slept a wink the whole way back. Fun.

Overall, the trip was fun, but there were quite a number of issues that I have left out that made it somewhat crazy and hectic. Cristy was having some problems, Sophie was sick, because of this she was acting out big time, I lost my ticket, Chris made me visit every bathroom in Disney...twice, and to top it off, we had a fender bender in the parking lot before going to Animal Kingdom (it's OK, just scratches). I think the adult to child ratio should be 2:1 for future trips involving pregnant people.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DISNEY, but this trip sure tired me out! I'm going again in December...hopefully that will be less chaotic (with a 4 month old Claudia?...yeah right, good luck with THAT one). What can I say? I'm a Disney addict. Is there a support group for that?


Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I offered to go with you...not my fault you have such a small car!

10:57 AM  
Blogger elizasmom said...

Maaaan. We had dirt-cheap tickets to Orlando for a week from now and we were planning to do the Disney thing, but the airline went belly-up, so we ix-nayed that plan. Bummer — I bet I could've talked you into meeting us there, huh?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Yes elizasmom, the sad thing is that you probably could have. Oh well, next time then!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home