Wednesday, August 27, 2008

11th day

My boobs are on fire, but other than that, I think things are going well here in JJ's first week of life. Well, except for the sleep deprivation, but that's a given.

CMan loves his little brother and takes every opportunity to remind me of that. "I love him", "I love Jordan"...it's so cute. He also asks if he can carry him..ALL the time. Unfortunately it's always at the wrong time (when he's eating or sleeping...which is 95% of the time). I haven't noted any jealousy related angst towards the baby on his part. He's always gentle with him and concerned about why the baby is crying.

He has been acting out more lately though. I told R that it was probably to get attention. I guess he figures negative attention is better than no attention. At daycare he's been acting up and getting put on time out. At home he is doing wacky things, that I can't even explain. For instance, the other day he went to the bathroom, dropped trou and peed on the floor and on his toys...on purpose. Then he came upstairs and headbutted the table in the office...on purpose. Poor baby. I wish I could give him more of my time and attention, but the other child is just attached to me most of the time. R is off for two weeks, so he gives him all the attention that I am not able to at this time.

Which brings me to the breastfeeding (bf). With Cman, I made all sorts of mistakes that in the long run ended up sabotaging my bf efforts (bottles in the hospital, bottles at home, not pumping when engorged, etc etc). Fortunately this time I know better and I took all the necessary measures to not repeat my mistakes. What nobody told me is that this bf thing is hard. I like the convenience that it gives me in that I don't have to deal with bottles and all that crap, but I might as well surgically attach the Boppy to my midsection because this child wants to eat all the time! Good Lord! Oh and the pain....I saw a lactation consultant today for that. She said I'm doing everything right and even declined to charge me for the consult since it was so short. She just gave me a couple of tips to make sure his latch is correct and that was it. They still hurt though.


JJ's first pedi appointment was on Friday. He got a shot (poor baby) and the Dr drew blood to check his thyroid levels. He's regained his birth weight (plus 1 ounce) which is a fabulous sign that he's getting enough milk from me. Yay!

The C-section went smoothly and much better than the first one. The spinal block went in on the first try and boy was that nice. I asked the doc for a Brazilian wax (since that's the only way I would get one of those, while numb from the waist down), but for some reason he declined. I was able to get up fairly well on the following day. The nurse was impressed but I told her that the pelvic pains I was having before were worse than the incision pain. I saw my OB on Wed and the incision looks great. No complications. Yay!

That's all I have for now...gotta run, it's feeding time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilli said...

I am so glad that you have been able to BF Jordan...

Take it from someone who has been doing it for over a year, it only gets easier except when they start to get teeth.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Oh, Jordan is so cute.

I totally relate to the feeding all the time. Though I would give my right arm if that were our only problem. Now Jasper has developed reflux or colic or something and it's making us both crazy. SO much for my happy angel baby that lasted about a week.

Good thing he's so darn cute or I would have returned him already ;)

Anyway, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son, I can't believe they are just one day apart!

Ariana

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear that Cman loves JJ, though. He'll adjust.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home