Monday, September 15, 2008

Chirp chirp

Thanks for the support gals. I'm feeling better these days, but I haven't had the time or inclination to blog about anything, so my apologies for the sound of crickets chirping around here.

On the 7th, we went to our favorite photographer to have pictures of JJ taken. I'll post some of those soon.

On Friday, I took JJ to the pedi because he sounded very congested (CMan has been sick). I also wanted him to get weighed because I wanted to make sure he was getting enough milk (since he spits up ALOT). The doc said he's supposed to gain an ounce a day, so in the two weeks since he saw her last, he should have gained almost a pound. He weighed in at 9 lbs 4 oz (last time he weighed 7lbs 6oz) so he's gained almost two pounds! He's definitely getting enough. He does have reflux though, so she put him on Axid for two weeks. I hope it will help because my poor baby spits up alot after feedings no matter what position I put him in. He also makes faces as if he's in pain and wants to eat almost every hour and a half! Fortunately at night he tends to go 3 hours between feedings, otherwise I would go crazy. In two weeks he has a follow up appt with the pedi and he's also going to see the Cardiologist to make sure that his arrhythmia is all gone.

That's all for now.

I leave you with this tidbit of wisdom from CMan:

CMan: Mommy, you happy?
Me: Yes, dear.
CMan: I'm not a deer, I'm a boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilli said...

I am so glad that you are doing better just remember that if you need a friend all you have to do is pick up a phone and call me...

In regards to the spitting up... Felipe use to do the same thing and my solution was to keep him lying down after I finished breastfeeding. After about 20/30 minutes I would put him down in the bassinet. Just a suggestion!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Lilli said...

This photographer must really like you cuz she even wrote about you in her blog...

http://jadyimages.com/blog/?p=94

12:27 AM  
Blogger elizasmom said...

... and don't call me Shirley!

At least, that's what came to mind when I read Cman's comment. Heh!

Hope the reflux meds help — I am a big believer after the way Eliza chilled out once we put her on them. Good for you for getting to it early!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home