Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sick Boys

Everyone is sick here. Ren is sick. Cman is sick. Poor little JJ is sick too. They all have a miserable phlegmy cough and boogers. Other than that, all is proceeding well. It's time for the JJ update lest you think I forgot all about it.

At 5 weeks he gave me his first smile. At 6 weeks he went 6 hours between feedings. He did it one more time at 7 weeks. It's not his usual sleep cycle though. Usually he'll go 4 or 5 hours between feedings at night. Instead of being asleep like I should be, I'm usually on facebook playing Packrat.
I took him to the doctor yesterday to have that nasty cough looked at and the boy weighed 12 lbs 2 oz. He's gaining well...very well. Unfortunately, the doc thinks he has thrush. She gave him some stuff for me to swab in his mouth. He's also on Prevacid for the reflux. The throwing up has improved in the past couple of days.

At 6.5 weeks he also started fussing with the breastfeeding. He would feed for 2 minutes and then pull off, but you could tell he wanted more. I think that had something to do with the reflux too, because that has improved with the medication as well. Now he'll go 5 or 6 minutes without pulling off...small steps. Speaking of breastfeeding, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't exclusive breastfeeding "supposed" to keep you from getting your period for a long long time? Hmph, I can't even do THAT right.

Other than the spitting up, JJ is a fabulous baby. He rarely cries and just chills out wherever I leave him. He especially loves the swing. He goes right back to sleep after eating at night and is a very pleasant little fellow. I just jinxed myself didn't I?

3 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

Duuuude — I got my period at 6 weeks post-partum. The doctor's all, noooo, it's still from giving birth, I'm all, woman, that stopped 3 weeks ago, this is different and WTF I'm nursing?!

I feel your pain.

Glad the prevacid is helping, and go JJ on the time between feedings. Keep it up, little man!

He's such cutie!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lilli said...

Please don't hate me but it took 8 months to get my period back...

I am so glad that the breastfeeding is working out this time around.

Keep up the good work.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww - love the super hero outfit!! Super JJ! Thanks for the pics of him, he is such a cutie. Sorry you got your period so soon but hey, now you can get preggers with number 3! :-)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home