Sunday, November 02, 2008

They've got the right stuff

...and boy do they know how to use it. The five boys men from Beantown were in my town last night and put on one hell of a show! Meg, Jenny, Amanda and I headed up to Sunrise to see the New Kids on the Block sing again after 20 years.

As I squeezed into put on an old NKOTB shirt that Meg lent me (If you look at the picture, it looks like I peed my pants. No, I wasn't that excited...Meg's erratic driving made me spill my soda; that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I was instantly transported back to when I was 13 years old. Back in those days, my room was wallpapered with pictures from TeenBeat magazine and not one inch of wall space was visible underneath the faces of Jon, Donnie, Jordan (and no, my child is not named after him), Danny and Joe. Back then, I was in the nosebleed section when I went to see them in concert. This time? 6th row baby.

Amanda and I were in row F and Meg and Jen were in row L. I gave my camera to Meg to take pictures and Amanda and I took pictures with her camera, so we had several angles covered. We were THISCLOSE and the pictures came out awesome (all 350 of them).

It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (yes, even better than Pearl Jam...believe it). I was brought to tears as they sang the oldies that I loved and I found myself dancing and bopping my head to their new songs as well. I only wish I had made a sign to hold up that said "JON is my baby-daddy"...that would've gotten his attention, don't you think?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Dude, that concert KICKED ASS!
thanks again for the buying the tickets!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is ti bad that I can't name any songs they did?

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home