Thursday, January 08, 2009

You must hold on when riding in trams...

Hello everyone, remember me? Yes, I am guilty of not updating very often anymore. What can I say Facebook has taken over my life.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We had a great time. Santa brought me a wii and a wii fit, woohoo! Santa is very generous and wonderful. Santa also went a little overboard with Christian's toys, but oh well, what can you do. My mom's family came up from El Salvador so we spent New Year's with them.

On January 2nd we headed up to Disney World. The weather was fabulous, but let me tell you, going to Disney with 9 people, with a toddler, a great grandma and a baby in the mix is quite special. For starters, when we got on the tram in the parking lot everyone was holding on to something...a boy, a bag, a baby, a stroller, a grandmother, a wheelchair...oops...who's holding on to the wheelchair? Well, we found out who (no one!) when the tram made a turn and the wheelchair went flying right out of the tram! Trams do not stop if you drop something so we kept going. When we reached the ticketing area the following tram brought it back to us and it was still in working condition thankfully. My uncle and cousin went to Islands of Adventure (while we were at the Magic Kingdom) and I had forgotten to give him the confirmation number so he called me that he couldn't get his tickets. I had to call Ren to check my email and text the number to me (Ren didn't go, he hates Disney). Then WE couldn't get into Disney because we had FL resident tickets and everyone who had one had to have an ID. My family did not have a FL ID, so my mom had to go to guest relations. Fortunately they decided to let us enter anyway. Then my mom had a hissy fit because the park was packed, she didn't want to wait outside with Chris and JJ while I road Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She was in a bad mood that day and it was souring everyone else's mood. Once that passed though, we were able to enjoy the day. The weather was fabulous, 60's, cloudy. The only bad thing was that the park was PACKED, but hey at least there was no sun!

Chris loved the pirate ride and asked to go on it again, but he ended up falling asleep so that didn't happen. JJ and Chris got to go on the pirates, the jungle cruise, the haunted mansion, peter pan, and small world. How cute, his first trip to Disney...and guess which bad mother didn't take ANY pictures? Yes, believe it or not. The trip was so hectic that I never even took the camera out of my bag. I did take some pictures the next day at Universal though. I didn't take them with my camera though, so when my aunt sends me those, I will share.

The following day, we went to Universal Studios. It felt so weird for me to be there during the day time. I usually only go for Halloween Horror Nights, so the park seemed a little tame and bright for me. Chris went on the Shrek ride and actually wore the 3D glasses (an improvement since his last trip to Orlando). He also went on the Jaws ride, the Nickelodeon ride that I can't remember the name of (in the stationary seats), the Disaster ride, the ET ride and the Woody Woodpecker Roller coaster. This last one impressed me because it was quite rough, but he loved it. I'm glad, this means I may have a future roller coaster partner on my hands. We also saw the Horror Make-up Show that had parts that "might frighten young children"...that is, if they aren't Claudia's children. Scary horror movie clips on the screen? No problem, he was sad when they ended. Scary monster running around on stage? problem, didn't even flinch. JJ rode the Shrek ride (stationary seats), the Nickelodeon ride (stationary seats) and the Jaws ride. He behaved beautifully the whole trip.


Blogger goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home