Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bye bye hair

Thanks for weighing in on the new hairstyle issue. On Monday, I was off work for JJ's pediatrician appointment (and my dentist appointment), so I bit the bullet and went to the salon to make the cut. I realized that I just kept putting it off because as much as I wanted to part with my hair, I was also very attached to it. I sat in the chair and explain to the guy that I wanted to donate the hair, so he tied it up in a rubber band and cut it off. I could feel the scissors slicing through. Fortunately, I was on the phone with Jenny at the time, so she distracted me from the traumatic event. After it was cut off, my head felt so much lighter! He gave me my 15" pony tail and proceeded with the new hair cut. It's funny because I had decided that I wanted style #1, but I hadn't mentioned it to the guy yet. As soon as he saw me though he said "oh we can do a cute cut that's shorter in the back than in the front"....I was like "um, yeah, OK!". That was easy.

After my cut and style was finished, I instantly loved it. I put my ponytail in my purse and walked out of the salon with a spring in my step. It's amazing what a haircut can do; I felt like a million bucks. I also prayed that nothing would happen to me on the way home though. I didn't want to be that woman found dead with hair in her purse. Woman is mugged and killed, but in an odd twist, she was found carrying hair in her purse...film at 11. Or worse, what if I'm walking and part of the hair falls out of my purse. It wouldn't be long before I hear someone scream "she's got a head in her purse!".

Fortunately that did not happen (although the hair is still in my purse. I have to remember to mail it out...I feel creepy walking around with hair in my purse). I made it to my mom's house in one piece and she loved the hair. CMan liked it too. JJ didn't cry when he saw me, so I'll take that as a compliment. R on the other hand promptly exclaimed "that's different" (and not in a nice way). Well yeah, that's the point. The folks at work loved it too; I've gotten all sorts of compliments: classy, cute, hip, modern, young. It's sassy. It's wassy. It's sassywassy! (OK fine, I made up that last part).

So after all this blabbering about, I guess you just want to see the hair already. I apologize for the crappy picture, but I took the picture in the car because I forgot to do it before...and I didn't really want to make you guys wait another day. OK, no more procrastination. Click here! And here it is behind my ears, like I told you it would be. You can't see it in the picture, but the back is slightly shorter than the front. The funny thing is, I didn't look up the voting results until after the haircut and realized that my hair was a mixture of the two most picked styles (#1 and #3). How convenient! Well, I hope you guys like it, if not, I guess you can join team Ren. I am off to the post office now to mail my hair. Let's hope I don't get mugged.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilli said...

I love the haircut... You look great.

11:37 AM  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

LOVE IT!!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is super sassywassy!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home