Friday, March 27, 2009

4/3

It's been a month since I mentioned my little 20/20 plan, so in the spirit of accountability, here's an update. Although I haven't kept up with the pace that I initially set for myself (a pound a week), I'm still happy with my progress. Four weeks have passed and I've lost 3 pounds, so I'm not too far off my mark. It's not a lot but it's progress. Everybody say it with me....Yay progress!

I've also managed to change my eating habits substantially. Whereas before I would eat fast food approx 10 times a week, now I only do it maybe once a week. I've been going to the gym every single day (except on weekends) and I've only missed 2 or 3 days the whole month. I feel like I have more energy and my clothes is feeling kind of loose. So much so, that I need to find new gym pants. The ones I wore today felt like they were going to fall off and that totally killed my concentration on the treadmill today. Run run run...must keep pants on...run run run....must not let pants fall...run run run...aw crap the iPod battery died...run run run...pull pants up....run run run.

You know, the more I work at this, the more I wonder why I didn't do this sooner. As long as I can remember, it seems like I've always had an excuse. I'll make an effort to lose the weight for my 15's, before the school year is over, over the summer, before grad night, before prom, after graduation, in college, after Thanksgiving, after I get a job, after Christmas, before I get married, after the honeymoon, after my birthday, in January, before I have a baby, after the baby, before the next baby, after the next baby. You know what? It was time. Time to stop making excuses. I figured, if I don't do this now, I will never do it.

Go Me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

YAY! Go you!

3:15 PM  
Blogger elizasmom said...

Meant to comment on this when you posted with a you go, girl! That is fantastic, and I'm glad you're seeing results to keep you motivated.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home