Monday, June 15, 2009

There's some spinach in your teeth

I'm really very nit picky about my teeth (and others teeth) about how straight (I've had braces twice) and clean they are. When I was dating guys, if they had yellow crooked teeth it was a total deal breaker. Given that I have this pet peeve, you'd think that I'd take better care of my teeth, but you'd be wrong. This year, I seem to have been making all these wonderful healthy changes, but my teeth haven't exactly been included in these changes. Don't get me wrong, I brush my teeth as much as the next guy, but not three times a day and I completely hate flossing. I guess it shows because every time I go to the dentist I get the lecture (along with multiple cavities) bla bla bla. So I've been meaning to be better about it, but I just kept pushing it to the back burner. A couple of weeks ago though, I was instantly reminded when I got an email on behalf of Crest.

They were preparing a new Web site for Hispanics called TuCrest, which will feature a podcast series on oral hygiene with a dentist, videos highlighting important parts of oral care, and a bloggers corner available in both Spanish and English. I was asked to be a part of this in exchange for my picture and some free samples for me and my readers. Since I like to see my picture on websites I'm a sucker for free samples I need to get with the program with my dental health, I signed right up. The timing couldn't have been better.

Just before leaving on my trip, I got a package in the mail with my Crest Pro-Health free samples. I packed it up in my bag and decided to use it while on vacation because I didn't have any travel size toothpaste (again, what timing). I unpacked my bag and placed the toothpaste on the bathroom sink. It made me chuckle when I noticed that my niece and nephew were using the same toothpaste (their dad is a dentist, so that should tell you something). Ha!

Well, the product was great and left my breath feeling fresh. It doesn't have that burning feeling that I hate. I don't know about you, but I don't like to feel like my mouth is on fire when I'm brushing my teeth. Yes, I know I'm a total wuss, but really. If I'm trying to brush more, being in pain while I do so is not going to help the situation. I was happy that there was no burning feeling. I really enjoyed the toothpaste (as much as one can "enjoy" toothpaste without being weird) and look forward to using it from now on. Thank you Crest.

If you want to win some freebie samples to try this toothpaste out for yourself, leave me a comment before this month is over. If I end up with more comments than samples, I'll just raffle them off. If I end up with no comments, then I'll just have to accept that my readers have dirty mouths and want to keep them that way. ;o)

Speaking of samples...not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but why do some people get to review chocolate and I get toothpaste? Maybe she's allowed to have chocolate since she has no cavities because she actually flosses.

Hmm...now where did I put that floss?...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

Hey, that's pretty cool that you get to be part of that.

Am I eligible for the raffle if I'm not Latina? Cause if yes, enter me please — I love free stuff!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Everyone that leaves a comment is eligible elizasmom! I love free stuff too!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Lilli said...

How did you get started with this???

11:05 AM  
Blogger Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

Here is my comment!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home