Thursday, August 20, 2009

Little Wiggly turns 1

This morning when I woke up with my little JJ next to me (yes, he's still sleeping in my bed, slap on the hand for me) I quickly forgot the previous sleepless night full of teething, crying and vomiting and wished my baby boy a Happy first birthday.

It's pretty amazing, because he doesn't seem like he's 1 to me. He seems so much more baby-like than his brother was at his age (but he is heavier though). I guess it's true, they are all different and any experiences you had with one, you won't necessarily repeat.

Little man, this whole wonderful year has been a roller coaster ride of love, worry, excitement and tiredness that I wouldn't trade for the world. Together we experienced: a positive pregnancy test, little or no morning sickness, the first kick, prenatal hiccups, heartburn, stretchmarks, arrhythmia scare, pelvic pain, an easy C-section, supplemental nursing, meeting your older brother, painful boobs, exclusive breastfeeding, sleep deprivation, lactation consultant, reflux, thrush, spitting up, middle of the night feedings, the first smile, holding your head up, baby massage class, first Halloween, back to work, befriending the pump, first trip to the zoo, first thanksgiving, nursing strikes, hating cereal, cloth diapering, first trip to Jungle Island, first picture with Santa, first Christmas, first New Year's Eve, first trip to Disney, hating baby food, co-sleeping, co-sleeping guilt, musical beds, rolling over, sitting up, first Valentine's Day, first trip to the ER, bacterial infection, first word (dada), first teeth, first trip to the Fair, first Easter, the nebulizer, weaning, finger foods, pincer grasp, first airplane trip, crawling, pulling up, first Fourth of July, first haircut, first busted lip, second word (caca), third word (gogo: spongebob), first time at daycare, first time standing, teething fevers, vomiting in bed, snuggling in bed (not in the vomited bed), and first birthday! Yay!


Whew! I'm tired just writing that. My little man, I love you so much that it hurts. I feel like my heart is permanently on the outside. I love the smell of your hair and the little rolls on your neck. When I look at your little face, my worries just melt away. It's like I want to bottle this feeling up because I don't want to forget it. I hug you extra tight in the hopes that you'll be my tiny little baby forever. Then I see pictures like the ones above and I realize that it can't be. We've had a wonderful year baby boy and I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Happy First Birthday Jordan Julian! Mommy loves you!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

Happy Birthday to the No-Longer-So-Little Wiggly!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home