Sunday, June 20, 2010

22 Months

Little man today you are 22 months old and quite the big boy. I haven't been keeping up this blog very well and I absolutely must stop today to write down all the things that you amaze me with every day. It's completely adorable how everything is new and exciting to you, no matter how mundane.

Because you have your big brother to look up to, you refuse to be treated like a little boy and you constantly surprise with all the new things you learn. You've decided you want to drink from a big boy cup and you do so with such care and ease that I'm surprised I'm looking at the same little guy that likes to smush food in his hair.

You can count to 10 in English and in Spanish too, with a little help. You like to sit in the big boy chair and "write" just like Christian does. I love how you lay down on the floor whenever you've got something creative that you want to do. I love how you talk so much! "Watcha doin?" "Mom, Chris huht (hurt) me" "Where are you?...I hiding" "Wha happen? You OK Chris?". You love doing puzzles and have become quite adept at them, but sometimes you just like to carry the box of puzzle pieces around the house.

You're really great about going to sleep by yourself in your own bed, but you're really bad about staying asleep in your own bed. I know I can always expect a holla' at around 4 or 5 am (which is when you get transferred to my bed). I don't mind the snuggle time, because before I know it, you will be big and not want anything to do with your uncool mom. I love that you shush me when I'm trying to sing you lullabies. I should take it as a personal attack on my singing abilities (or lack there of), but it's too funny to get mad at. I love how you repeat after me when we say our prayers at bed time.

I love how you greet me when I get home from work. A huge "Mami!" and open arms are just what I need at the end of the day. You always act like you haven't seen me in days. I love how you dance to the hokey pokey by just moving your foot forwards and backwards.

I love how you always have a smile on your face. I love how you always want to hug me. I love how you call me "mami" and when I don't pay attention the first time, you start calling me "Caya" (claudia). I love how you look when you're running and I love the excitement on your face when you practice your jumps and are actually able to do them. I love when you run around in circles with Christian. You're so excited that he's trying to catch you and your laugh is so contagious. I love that when he gets tired of playing you continue to run in circles by yourself, pretending that some one's trying to catch you. You're such a goofy little man. Wherever do you get that from?

I love how you are so cooperative with me (for the most part) and are so easy going. I love that you sit on the time-out step with Christian whenever he's punished. I love how your little face lights up whenever you see Elmo, or Spongebob or "Hanny Manny". I love that you've perfected the fake smile...on cue. I love that you are so gentle, but at the same time, you defend yourself when necessary.

You are such a sweet loving boy and I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to be your mommy. I love you my little man and look forward to watching you grow up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home