Monday, August 09, 2010

When it comes to watching SATC, is it ever too much?

I've just spent the last couple of weeks watching the entire DVD series of Sex and the City. Yes, I know, you're probably wondering what cave I came out of since I am just now getting around to watching this....well, aparently, my cave did not have HBO.

I liked seeing all the crazy outfits Carrie wore and all the crazy man-troubles these women had. At times, it reminded me of my short, but turbulent, dating life...sometimes a little too much. I really enjoyed the show and basically had to force myself to stop watching it and go to bed everynight. I laughed, I cried, I loved it.

It's funny because the whole reason why I started watching this is because I went to see the second movie for a friend's birthday party (and then again with another dear friend). Nevermind that I had never watched a single episode before, but there I went (twice!) with popcorn in hand. Poor Amanda had to sit next to me and field all my questions...who's that guy? why did she marry him? why is that woman such a hornball? (Yes, I am that annoying person that asks questions mid movie) I liked the movie without having had seen the show, so I figured the show had to be good.

So Amanda lent me her DVD's and I was off on my Big marathon. Of course now, I'm worried that after spending so many evenings with Carrie and the girls, I'm going to feel lost without them. I had a little routine going there: put the kids to bed, grab a snack and watch one or two (or 3 or 4) episodes all cozy in bed. OMG what will I do now that I don't have my nightly date with Carrie and Big (or Aiden/Berger/Petrovsky)?

I know, I'll go watch the first movie...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Did you finish the whole series?? We need to talk about it!!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home