Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mr. Sandman

First and foremost, I'd like to announce that Christian FINALLY slept through the night, the whole night, without even a whimper. I know that I had previously said that he had slept through the night, but this time was different:

last time, I had to wake him at 11:30pm to feed him so that he would sleep through the night.
THIS time I did no such thing, his last feedings were at 6:30pm and 7:30pm (2 baby food jars and 4oz of juice).

last time, he woke up once in the middle of the night (and went back to sleep on his own).
THIS time, not even a whimper (I slept in his room last night, so I would've heard it. I hear everything now, even the geckos on the wall).

last time, he slept 6 hours straight (from 12pm to 6am)
THIS time, he slept 12 hours straight (well, almost, from 8:30pm to 7:15am)

Yes, yes, truly amazing. I don't know what R and my mom did yesterday, but it needs to be repeated! What's funny too is that I was talking with Cristy on the phone last night and I was asking her what she did to get Sophie to sleep through the night and I was complaining about how I couldn't get C-Man to not wake up and want to eat and BAM!, he went and slept 12 hours, go figure. I'm very happy, but at the same time, I know this may be a one time thing...let's see how long this lasts.

As long as I'm on the subject of C-Man (when am I not?), I should share some of his accomplishments in the past days. He now likes to babble and say all sorts of funny things. He says dadadadada, nananana, and bababababa. He doesn't do this often (not much of a talker), so when he does I like to stop what I'm doing to listen to him. It's fun because in the mish mash of things that he says, sometimes a real word pops out. Oh look honey, he said "convertible"!

He also learned to say mama when he was sick. I know he doesn't know what mama means, but he sure knows when to use it. Whenever he wants something or he wants to be picked up he says mama. He may not know what it means, but he sure realized that saying mama gets you lots and lots of attention! He's been grabbing his feet and eating his socks too (for a couple of weeks now). He also likes to make kissy noises. He just discovered how to do this yesterday, so my mom said that the whole day was spent giving kisses. It was especially fun during meal times: spoon of baby food. kiss. spoon of baby food. kiss.


This evening, we have an appointment with the photographer to come and take pictures of Christian. This lady is great (and nice too), she comes to your house to take the pictures, so you don't have to pack all your crap up and take the baby to the studio (if you look at her website, click on "gallery"; the 1st and 8th pictures are of C-Man when he was 2wks old) . I ordered a packaged deal where she comes to my house 6 times to take pictures (maternity shots, newborn shots, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year), so we're doing the "6 months" session today. I know we're a little late since he's already 7 months, but since he had been sick for most of April, I didn't really want all the pictures to feature a nice slimy trail of snot on his upper lip.

That's about it for my Chris update. In other news, this week's theme for photo Friday is the tackiest/most tasteless thing in your house. I of course am of superb and excellent taste, so I do not posses anything tacky or tasteless in my home, but I'm sure all of you have plenty of tacky things to share. Ha ha, no but really, this one sounds easy enough, so all of you that have been wanting to jump on the photo Friday bandwagon, here's your chance. Whip out your cameras and get going. I'm already brainstorming about what I can take a picture of that is totally tacky. If you've been to my house, please do not feel free to offer suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmakirst said...

I am so f'in jealous that he sleeps through the night. I suppose you had your share though, if he's "just" sleeping now. lol.

I had to laugh at your comment on how i even blog with all my kids, i do it while i am feeding the baby, she's always on the boob!

I had to tell you, here's my name defined in the dictionary

Sarah-(adjective)-Tastes like fried chicken!
How funny is that!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home