Friday, August 04, 2006

Peevy and the Mambo

I was given a gentle nudge today by Amanda about my lack of Photo Fridays. I've totally fallen off the horse there...which reminds me of a joke, but I'll leave that for another day. So yeah, I've gotten lazy with my picture taking, so therefore my Fridays have been photoless. What can I do? Fortunately, this week's theme is lady's choice, so I will dig into my photo files and find something interesting. Please hold...

ok got it.

Before I tell you what kind of picture it is, I'd like you to know that it does contain some nudity, so if the kiddies are around, don't click on it. Sure, it's not a real person, but still. It's my friend Peevy Manikin. I am not lying about his (or her...with that face and haircut, I can't really tell...not to mention the interchangeable genitalia) name. I'd love to know who the heck buys this stuff. Really. My friend Jen (of course) found it and sent it to me. We both had a good laugh. We always find strange things on the internet and email the links to each other. I, of course, take it to the next level because I actually purchase the things and mail them to her. She at least just restricts it to email. Can you imagine receiving Peevy in the mail? Ha ha.

Speaking of Jen, she got a mention in the LA times the other day for contributing to a story related to Marilyn Monroe. It came out in the paper on Aug 2nd and the title of the story is "Giving More Life to Marilyn?". It's about a lady that claims to be Marilyn Monroe reincarnated. Interesting, to say the least. I tried to link to it now, but it tells me that I have to be a registered user and I'm just not in the mood to register right now. But if you are and you'd like to read it, just do a search for Marilyn Monroe and it will come up. Go Jen!

Well, I've been watching So you think you can dance for a whole 2 weeks now thanks to a friend who brought it to my attention. Last week, I happened to catch the end of Benji and Heidi doing a mambo number and let me tell you, I just sat there with my lower jaw on the floor. Damn, these people are good. I found the clip on you tube, so check it out:




This makes me want to go out and take Mambo lessons...I swear I could watch this over and over again. Good thing that my Salsa classes will be starting up again soon; this show really gives me the dancing bug.

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I saw that episode, it was very good! did you know they are cousins?!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lilli said...

Claudia here is the link to the article: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-monroe2aug02,1,4246408.story

That is so cool!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home