Friday, January 05, 2007

Resolution Revolution

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Actually, I've been back since Wednesday, but I've had lots to catch up on at home and work, so time has not been on my side.

I'd like to start by saying Happy New Year to my fuzzy readers. I hope that you have all recovered from the end of the year hangovers and deadly fruitcakes. My trip was excellent and I can't wait to write all about it, but first I want to chat it up with you a bit about some New Year's resolutions.

I'd like to begin by doing a year in review if you will. Here are our resolutions from last year, let's see how many of them I actually kept:

CLAUDIA'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2006:

1. Think about resolutions sooner. (check)
2. Don't wait so long to share said resolutions. (check)
3. Don't spill pumped milk while trying to list such resolutions. (um check).
4. Don't curse when spilling said milk. (check)
5. Keep pumping milk for baby until it runs out. (check)
6. Lose baby weight. (BIG FAT HA HA)
7. Stop blaming all extra weight on pregnancy/baby. (um what do you mean?)
8. Lose extra weight I had before Christian. (BIGGER/FATTER HA HA)
9. Figure out where strange cheese smell is coming from. (check)
10. Do more exercise.(sort of check)
11. Drink more water.(no check)
12. Drink more prune juice. (no check)
13. Control flatulence. (check)

7.5 out of 13 = 57.69%

Hmm...I need to work harder on these this year.
Let's see how the little man did:

CHRISTIAN'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2006:

3. Do not breastfeed under any circumstances. (check)
8. Figure out how to put entire hand in my mouth. (check)
13. Clean cheesy-smelling stuff collecting in my neck folds. (check)
1. Sleep through the night. (BIG FAT CHECK AMEN!)
10. Learn to love tummy time. (no check)
5. Hold head up. (check)
2. Get some teeth. (check x 8)
12. Join Hair Club for Men. (not needed anymore)
9. Sit up. (check)
4. Crawl. (check)
7. Stand. (check)
11. Walk. (check)
6. Learn to count. (still needs more work)

11 out of 13 = 84.62%
It looks like I was beat-out by a newborn.

Ok so what is my list for this year you ask?

It's pretty similar to last years except for the multiple milk product references.
Drum roll please.....................Here we go:

CLAUDIA'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2007 (in no particular order):

1. Fit into my clothes
2. Get more exercise into my daily life (at least 3 times a week)
3. Organize my bed/scrap/playroom/office...ok, the whole freaking house
4. Get somewhat caught up on my scrapping (I'm a year behind)
5. Give Christian a sibling (yes, it's time for #2...but first I have to convince Ren)
5 1/2. Convince Ren
6. Have 11th toe removed (jk..I wanted to see if you were paying attention...if you do by any chance happen to have 11 toes, I apologize if I offended you, as it wasn't my intention to do so).
7. Eat out less/eat less junk food (by less I mean not every freaking day)
8. Drink more water and less soda
9. Take a cooking class
10. Save money by not spending it on useless crap (literally)

CHRISTIAN'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2007 (in no particular order)

Get molars
Use a spoon
Don't scream during bathtime
Climb
Run
Talk
Stop putting everything in my mouth
Stop throwing things
Reduce my violent tendencies (smacking, scratching, hitting, biting)
Learn my numbers

Let's see if we do better this year.

What are your resolutions? Do you bother to make any?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! This is definnitely one of the funnier New Year's Resolution lists I've read. I think that perhaps the little guy had an unfair advantage in terms of achieving his resolutions, though — he's not trying to wrangle a toddler at the same time as trying to lead his life.
Good luck with that 11th toe ;-)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home