Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The little camera that could

All last week I hemmed and hawed and paced and fretted over the stupid weather forecast for Saturday. Thirty percent chance of rain, then 40, then 50, then 60. I was seeing Christian's pool party birthday celebration start to unravel as the day got closer. On Thursday we even considered moving it two weeks back, but we stuck with it and decided to play it by ear. Wow, and what a great decision that ended up being. The day looked gloomy at first, but by 11 am the sun was out and there was no rain in sight until later that evening.

For Cman's second birthday celebration I decided on a luau theme since we were doing the whole pool party again. This time though we made it a double birthday party. Sophia's birthday is 12 days after Cman's, so we combined their parties into one. Because of this, we tried to keep it small and limited it to just family and a handful of friends with children, but it was still quite a production (at least it felt that way to me). I don't know how parents do it when they have these huge parties with jillions of people. I guess I'll learn along the way huh?

Anyway, the party was great. Some people went in the pool, some didn't, some wish they had since the party room was so hot (the doors were often left open so the a/c escaped). I didn't go in the pool this time, but my digital camera did (which explains the lack of extensive picture links). Yes, I pulled the floating camera out of the pool. They say you're not supposed to turn it on and what was the first thing I did? That's right, I turned it on. Needless to say it didn't work. I put it on a table and left it to dry there for the rest of the party. The good news is that I just put the batteries back in it and turned it on. The beautiful gadget sprung back to life and the pictures are there. Yay! A link infested picture post will be coming up soon, but I'm waiting to get everyone else's pictures first.

Stay tuned...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I sent you mine that night. Did you get them?

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home