Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I did not fall off the face of the earth

I'm finally back! I guess I got a little lazy with my blog updates while I was away, but then again, it was hard to peel my cousin off the computer and away from his World of Warcraft game.

So,'s what we did (I hope I didn't forget anything):

We went to this street festival in a little town where the local people make mini parade floats and decorate them with babies and children. My mom said that they were supposed to represent the innocent children that were killed in biblical times when they were trying to kill baby Jesus. They had tons of street vendors selling yummy stuff. A giant tree decorated with lights and a huge nativity at the foot of said tree. There was a parade of the floats and some dudes dressed with masks and fireworks overhead. It was quite an experience for Christian and I as we had never seen anything like that.

He still hated the nanny, but this time, there was no biting involved. It was a different girl, but he still didn't like her.

We went to the mall...ALOT...and did a little redecorating.

We only got to go to the beach one time (plus he got sick that one time). We went to our family's beach house which I found out is about 40 years old. I took a picture of Chris standing on the porch of that house because there is also a picture of me standing there and I wanted to compare them. Now if only I could find my picture...

We went to the park. It was on a mountaintop and very beautiful. They had food vendors and swings and a basketball court and a clown. The clown was a bit scary, but he was selling balloon animals for 25 cents. Cman loves balloons, so he was willing to put up with the clown.

We visited my grandfather at the nursing home. My grandmother feels bad about his condition (Alzheimer's) and him being there, but the other guests told us that he smacks the nurses on the butt and shows off his muscles. It sounds like he's having a grand ole time.

We went to the country club for lunch and Cman played on the swings and on the little slide. They have two pools there, but unfortunately the weather was a bit chilly (72 degrees...hey, that's cold by El Salvador's standards).

We played cards....alot.

We took Chris to El Mundo Feliz (Happy World) which has tons of little kiddie rides. My parents used to take me there when I was a little kid, so that should tell you how long it's been there. They had these puppets that would dance when you put a coin in. I saw them and they looked very familiar to me. My mom said they were the same ones from when I was young. Damn, those are some old puppets.

My cousin Camila gave us a ballet performance in the living room.

I went to the movies several times (The Game Plan, Enchanted, I am Legend).

I didn't gain any weight while I was over there. I guess it had to do with the fact that I was sick for about 5 days and after that I didn't really feel like eating much. That made up for the eat-fest that went on towards the end of my trip.

Fortunately there were no tremors while I was over there, although the lights did go out once. Chris had a ball walking around with the flashlight.

Amazingly enough, I didn't get eaten by mosquitoes, but poor Cman did on the last night we were there. He only has about 8 bites though. I usually end up with about 100 and I don't even have one.

We were supposed to come back on Sunday, but just as we sat at the gate waiting to board the plane, they informed us that the flight had been cancelled. They gave us our luggage back and sent us to hotels/our homes. I can't quite express how annoying that was. The next day we were placed on a 6:30am flight which meant we had to be there 3 hours earlier. My grandmother lives 45 minutes away from the airport. Go ahead, do the math and figure out what time we had to wake up. He didn't sleep on the ride to the airport, but he did sleep at the gate for 30 minutes, which meant he didn't sleep a wink in the airplane. What fun. I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

In prego news, I still don't have any morning sickness. I'm supposedly 8 weeks today. I only feel slightly queasy once in a while if I haven't had something to eat, but it's hardly noticeable. I have my first doc's appt tomorrow, so we'll see what's up. I called the office and they said that they don't do ultrasounds on the first visit. That sucks. I had already had two by this time when I was prego with Cman. What can I say, I'm a worry wart...I need the reassurance.

Check out my flickr badge on the right to see more pictures.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Welcome back!!
We missed you and C-Man!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lillianna & Adrián Simó said...


7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home