Thursday, March 27, 2008

A small announcement

Although I wasn't going to find out what I was having at yesterday's ultrasound. The tech kind of blurted it out, so it looks like y'all got lucky.


Here is my small announcement:

Some of Christian's thoughts on the matter:

Me: Hey Chris, you're going to be a big brother.
Him: Yeah.
Me: Are you going to be nice to your little brother?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Are you going to play with your little brother?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Are you going to share your toys with your little brother?
Him: Yeah.
Me: (taking advantage of all the "yeah"s) Are you going to give up your crib and sleep in the big boy bed?
Him: Yeah?

Later he and my mom were talking:
Mom: Are you going to give your crib to the baby and sleep in the big boy bed?
Him: NO!

I guess he thought about it some more.

And here's one from the Where did THAT come from files.

Ren and I: Chris, mommy is going to have a baby.
Him: I want a baby, I want a white baby.

HUH?!!! Sorry bud this factory only makes Hispanic babies...here's your hood.
No, but really, where the heck did that come from? R and I looked at each other and I started laughing. I'm guessing he said this because they are learning about colors in daycare and perhaps he's afraid that people come in colors such as purple and green.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

Well, I will cross my fingers that Chris doesn't get a green baby for a little brother.

Congratulations!! I bet he will be a great big brother!

I tagged you for a meme, if you're feeling so inclined...

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a purple or green little brother would be more fun than a white one.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a plaid baby? LM was playing with one of his dad's boardgames (under strict paternal watch) and the pieces were in the shape of people but of coruse some were white, green, red, etc. LM says "Hey white people, let's have a party - a white people party!" B adn I busted up laughing.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Thanks Elizasmom. Despite what Maura says (hi Maura!), I don't think a green baby would be good, he will always look sick, or envious.

"white people party!"...too funny.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home