Monday, April 21, 2008

Just because I like pirates, doesn't mean I want to BE one.

I'm really starting to become an ER whore here. Pretty soon, they're going to greet me by name when I walk in.
Yesterday, while trying to wrestle a paper from CMan's hands, I managed to get a paper cut in my eye. Yes, you read right...only I would get a paper cut on my eyeball.
If it hurts on your finger, imagine how it feels in your EYE! I saw stars and covered my profusely tearing eye and had visions in my head of having to wear an eye patch for the rest of my life. Yes, I'm a bit morbid and exaggerated, so I immediately imagined the worst. Fortunately, the cut wasn't deep and I was given eye drops to use every 6 hours for the next 7 days.

Anyway, I still have some pictures to share from last week. It's all Amanda's fault though. Now that I have discovered PackRat on Facebook, I haven't been able to do anything else. I'm already a pack rat in real life, so this game just feeds on my natural tendencies.

Swim class went well last week with some more underwater action. It's called a mommy-and-me class, but there were no mommies in the pool this time.

Last Sunday (not this one that just passed, but the one before it) we went to a birthday party for Nathan who was turning 3. They had three chihuahua puppies running around at the beginning and Chris couldn't get enough of them (OK fine, I couldn't either). He hung out at the party and had a great time. There was even an old school piñata with blindfold and everything. I'm happy to report that nobody got whacked with the stick. There was so much candy in that thing that Chris filled up a whole bag and then started loading up his pockets too!

Here's a little video of Cman playing with the puppy (aw...I miss my little Peewee).



On a final note: Happy Birthday Adrian. Once again, I'm sorry about your rug. In all the commotion, I forgot to give you your present too. I can just imagine what ya'll are saying now: Not only does her kid pee on my rug, but she didn't bring a present either, Wench!

ps. Let that be a lesson to all of you. If you post about your son's outstanding potty abilities, you will be publicly humiliated by said son when he pees on the rug in front of everyone else. Potty Karma is a bitch. Arrrgh!

I'm almost scared to tell you that he slept in a big boy (twin) bed last night.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

r.e. potty — beware the God of Hubris. He is a tricky one.

Still, I remain much-impressed that he is even willing to try. Mine now outright refuses to sit on the potty.

And I hope your eye feels better soon. I have been wincing and cringing, thinking about your injury.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home