Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"It's going to be like Cirque du Steamy Nights!"

...Is what Jordan Knight said about the upcoming New Kids on the Block tour performances. For the $200+ I paid per ticket, that BETTER be the case! No, not all tickets cost that much, but I have floor seats, section 1. I'll let you focus on that for a bit before I go on (here's a visual aid to help you).

I know that it's close to what the Madonna tickets are going for, but I'll take 5 guys over 1 girl anytime. I really wasn't in the mood to sit in the nosebleed section and break out the binoculars (like I had to when I was in middle school). I'm a big girl now and I demand big girl seats...unfortunately they come with a big girl price, but it is so worth it. I've waited 20 years for this and it is unlikely that it will happen again, so I'm going to treat myself and enjoy it at the fullest. God knows I can spend $200 bucks so easily (I did yesterday at Marshall's), what with my Starbucks and shoe and eBay addictions, why not put it towards something I'll truly enjoy?

Now, if only I could round up the original group of girls that went to the concert with me back in the day (1990?), so it could be a true flashback. I have to remember to go in my attic to look for my old Jonathan Knight (my favorite kid) shirt so I can wear it again (the sausage look is in this year right?).

Speaking of flashbacks...on Saturday, I went to the Freestyle Invasion concert with Amanda. After the concert we ran into a blast from the past at La Carreta. I'd write all about it, except that she's done a pretty good job of it already. Please head over there and check it out.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

"I'll take 5 guys over 1 girl anytime"

Yeah, me too. Hence why I'm going too! YAY!! Thank you, Claudia, for purchasing the tickets. I'll pay you back....someday. ;-)

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a fan of Joey.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

consider yourself tagged
http://pereiraville.com/scribble/index.php/2008/06/10/5-things-i-shouldnt-be-doing-right-now/

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home