Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hey! Remember me?

I feel like I've been away for ages, but it's only been about 8 days since my last post. Either way, I've got some updates due to my lack of blogging activity.

First off, I hope you had a great Fourth of July because mine kinda sucked. It rained by my house the whole day (and evening), so going anywhere to see fireworks was not on my list of things I wanted to do (rain, puddles, mosquitoes, big pregnant lady, 2 year old...no thanks). Fortunately, I am a lucky soul and some neighbors were doing some fireworks. I happened to look out my bedroom window and noticed that I had my own little show going on. I got to enjoy fireworks from the comfort of my bed. Yay! Cman got to see them too, but quickly got bored since there was a minute lapse in between each one. Hey, it wasn't professional or anything, but beggars can't be choosers. When the private firework viewing was over, we watched the ones from NY on TV. It was raining there too. Booo.

My son has been up to alot lately. He's gotten even more into the pirates thing where now he wants to watch the movie all the time. Fortunately, he's also learned how to turn the TV on, turn the DVD player on, put the DVD in there and press play all by himself. A skill that I will find immensely useful come 5 weeks from now. So where was I? Oh yes, Pirate-fever. Sheets of paper are fashioned into pirate hats, mustaches are drawn on with pen, toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes are all telescopes and God help you if you don't wear the pirate patch when commanded to do so. You must wear it at all times, especially during the numerous sword vs hook fights that take place in our house. Well, I guess the frenzy is fitting for him since he's got the attitude of a pirate these days...and to prove it...a recent quote...."Don't tell me what to do!"....nice.

Little wiggly's room is starting to take shape. The boys will be sharing a room (because I have too much junk in the other room), so I'm changing things around a bit. We ripped the border off and my mom is going to paint a new one, so I'll show you that when it's done. My nesting instinct wants to take over, but my tiredness instinct is winning the battle right now. How is one supposed to "nest" if one is short of breath?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home