Thursday, December 11, 2008

All things baby

My return to work (the Monday before Thanksgiving) went somewhat smoothly (save for the crying at my mom's house when I dropped JJ off the first day). I have now settled into my new routine (little sleep at night...no sleep during the day). JJ adjusted somewhat well to the bottles at my mom's house and boob at my house. He did have a mini-nursing strike on the day before Thanksgiving that almost brought me to tears, but thankfully, it was short-lived and the nursing is going fabulously now. Even CMan is getting into it. He "feeds" his toys and the other day asked me for some "mommy milk"...um sorry babe, you've got teeth and I'm not ready for that yet.

Because I don't have enough things to do, I'm also trying my hand at cloth diapering (Al Gore would be proud). I always thought people that did that were crazy granola freaks, but it's not as difficult as it used to be (when I was in cloth diapers) and the diaper prints are just so cute that it's truly addictive.

It all started because I was browsing through Tarjay and I saw these. I hear that these are the gateway drug of cloth diapering and I believe them. I bought one or two and when I saw how easy they were, I started transitioning into other brands and other prints. Before I knew it, I had enough diapers to cover him in cloth for a whole day...or two..or three. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I may have to go to cloth diaper rehab to stop buying these cute things.

One of my favorite gadgets that I've used these past months is the Itzbeen timer. It helps me keep track of when I last fed the baby. It has a little light and a switch to tell me on what side I fed him last. It's a lifesaver for those middle of the night feedings when I don't function too well. It saves me from having to do the math of how long it's been since he ate, slept, got a new diaper, took his reflux medicine. It's a life saver and unfortunately I used it so much that I broke it (I dropped it on the floor one too many times). I've been without for a couple of weeks and I feel totally naked without it. I keep forgetting to buy a new one when I'm in the store.

Another thing I use alot is my babeelite. It's a little clip that has a light attached to it. When JJ wakes up in the middle of the night, I just switch that little light on to check on him. That way I don't light up the entire room and wake R up. It's just enough light to get the middle of the night feedings and changings done. Fabulous. I love it.

I love my boppy too. So much that I have two of them. One upstairs and one in the car (that I take everywhere). Since I'm not very good at hiding myself (hello D's) when I feed the boy, whenever we go out shopping, I just feed him in the car and then I head into the store.

Another lovely item that I have two of (because I lost it and then found it again after I had bought another one) is my sling. I bought it on eBay (what don't I buy on eBay) and it's perfect for going in to a store quickly when I don't want to lug around the big ole car seat which weighs a ton (I'm getting some really nice biceps these days).

Unfortunately these people are not paying me to say these nice things about their products, nor have they sent me any free samples. I just wanted to share them with y'all because I think they're great. But of course if you're reading this and want to send me a free product, I will gladly accept it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

someday, if I ever get to be a mom, I'll refer back to this post.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home