Friday, January 23, 2009

Zoo-lander

This falls into the Stuff I haven't blogged about and should have, but it happened so long ago, yet I still want to mention it category:



On Nov 16th, I took CMan and Jordan to the zoo for the first time ever. Yes, Chris had never been to the zoo before then. This might surprise those of you that go to the zoo like a jillion times a year.

When Chris was a baby, I always said that I would never take CMan to the zoo until he could say the names of the animals and tell me that he wanted to go to the zoo himself. Before then, I considered it a waste of time because he wouldn't really know what the heck is going on. I'm glad I waited. It was more fun for him to see the animals and name them and be able to have a conversation about them (Jordan went along for the ride). When JJ is 3 maybe we'll take them again.

I don't know, but I just can't see why one would need to go THAT often. I mean, the animals aren't going to change. It's the same old animals in the same old hot sun (we picked November so it wouldn't be hot). No need to do that more than once every couple of years..really. I think the last time I went to the zoo was before Hurricane Andrew....um wow, that was in 1992, so you do the math.


Anyway, he had a great time and got to ride a camel and feed the giraffes. The giraffe's long black tongue freaked him out a bit though.







The rest of the pictures can be found here.


We also went to Jungle Island a couple of weeks ago, so that was a first for all of us. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but my aunt did. If/when she sends them to me, I will share.

Our next goal?...the Miami Seaquarium. It's been even longer since I've been there!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger elizasmom said...

Hah! That's so funny, because I am totally one of those people who will drop everything and go to the zoo (or the aquarium, which I consider the same thing, only, you know, with more water) at the slightest provocation — and I seem to have infected Eliza with it. I'm glad you all had fun, and Cman is so brave to feed the giraffes!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home