Thursday, September 20, 2007

Von, Two, Tree letters...ha ha ha ha

My little parrot boy is copying and learning new words more and more these days. I'm constantly amazed at all the words he repeats and learns on a daily basis. I guess now I have to watch my mouth more since he may repeat something at the most inopportune time.

I'm trying to teach him to say his name when someone asks him, and to say his age. Unfortunately now that he's got the hang of showing his single finger (no, not that finger) and saying one...it's almost time to learn two, so I've been working on that instead. Please realize though, he doesn't do any of these things on command, only when he feels like it. Ren and I call him the WB frog because he only does his "tricks" when no one (or camera) is around to witness them, so of course we look like we're crazy.

For a long time now, he's loved for me to read him books with alphabet letters. I always point to each letter and tell him the name of the letter and/or the sound that it makes. He never repeated me, just took it all in. One day while I was straightening out his room (and he thought I wasn't paying attention), he grabbed the book and started turning the pages while saying the letter on each page "Ay, Buh, Duh, Eee, Ef, Guh, Ai, Kay, Em, O...". I was freaking out because I didn't even know that he knew any of them! I went to get the camera and tried to get him to do it again and no such luck. Until yesterday that is...Ha ha!

Check out the video I got last night. He was distracted watching Elmo, so he didn't really pay attention to the camera. I had to shorten the video, but he can recognize and name the following letters (or their sounds): A,B,D,E,F,G,I,J,K,M,O,S and V. Hey, that's half the alphabet right there! Way to go little man!
I do have to give credit where credit is due though, he also learns about letters at his daycare, so I guess the double exposure is having an effect on him.



Speaking of Elmo, when I first bought that DVD, I thought "wow, that is the best $5 I've ever spent" because he never used to watch TV before, but this one, he liked to watch. Oh boy, unfortunately, I've created a monster. Now, all I ever hear is Elmo, Elmo, Elmo. He watches it every.... freakin.... day. He says the lines of the muppets before they even say them. My favorite part though is when the Count counts and then laughs...Christian does a little Count immitation and laughs too "Ha ha ha ha".

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

friggin' AWESOME!! I know you told me about it, but it's just so much better to see him do it!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home