Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Momentary Revival

This blog is experiencing a momentary revival so I can beg, plead, grovel ask you to vote for my son on a daily basis (ok, now you're pushing it woman). Read on...

I've entered Christian in the Next Direct Model Competition. The winner gets a modeling contract and a $100,000 scholarship. Sure the modeling gig would be fun, but I'm thinking that scholarship will come in super handy.

I hate entering contests where there's like a million children entering and there are a couple of children at the very top with parents who are the presidents of companies and they make all their employees vote, so the kid ends up with a million votes and they are impossible to beat.

Here's the part where I actually think this is doable. In this contest, the TOP 50 children fly to LA to compete for the prize with photo shoots and interviews and all that. This makes it more fair and more attainable...I think.

Now the trick comes in getting into the top 50. Sorted from highest to lowest votes, we started on page 47 (25 kids per page) and Chris is now on page 12 (the goal is to get to page 1 or 2). This means we've moved up 35 pages in like a week and are now 10 pages away! Call me crazy (CRAZY!), but I think it's totally doable (with your help of course).

So, that being said...can you please help me out? Please vote every day through Facebook (if you're on there) and then log out and vote again with your emails (click on the VOTE FOR ME button under his picture). If you'd really like to help, but just don't have the time to be fiddling around with all this contest nonsense, then please send me your email address and I'll find someone to vote for you.

I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to start taking clothes off offering goodies in return for votes...come on people...help a girl out! What will it take? Hershey's kisses? real kisses? a body rub? a home cooked meal (ha ha...as if)?

Anyway, the last day to vote is Thursday, March 18 at 7am. If you do not have Facebook, you can vote with just your email (with as many as you have; you have to wait 24 hours from the last time you voted though). OK ...on your mark...get set...GO!...ok, stop reading this and click here.

P.S. Feel free to pimp this out to your friends so they can help too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home